demons - Lupo

demons

After a long time without a usable car, I just decided to go get something to get around in. So yesterday I bought a Lupo Lupovask.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Two rolling shots on the way home:

Luporollin.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Luporear.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by demons

Thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I just phoned and fixed insurance now (cheap!) and will probably drop by the vw-dealer down the street to order some parts that are missing later today.. It has no handle on my driver side seat, so I can only get in the back using the passenger side seat.. It's also missing some covers here and there.. Been thinking about getting the cupholders also, or at least a blanking plate, as the doubleDIN is completely empty for now..

The lock on the rear hatch is also broken. It's a common fault, right? Easy to fix?

Edited by demons

Ordered black gearknob and gaitor, cupholders and the knob for the seat today, will have the knob tomorrow and the other stuff friday or monday.. Hopefully before the weekend so I can fit it then smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've also been searching the web for bagdeless grilles (not the mesh ones).. Found some on the german ebay, but very few of them seem to include the bonnet "half circle" sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Didn't get the parts before the weekend, will probably have them on monday.. But that doesn't mean I can't do something to the car:

tidy.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

before/after

Nice car shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Dont see many with 5 seats!

What engine is in it?

It's a 5 seater!!!

Looks nice debadged, needs some mudflaps to finish the back off though shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Yeah i agree, mudflaps would make it look much better biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I thought all Lupos were 5-seaters? I've only driven this and testdriven an Arosa once, so I really don't know.. Are the rear popout windows and front seat airbags standard also?

It's a 1.0 litre.. If you look closer at the pics, I also changed the antenna to a short one, and polished the whole car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'll think about the mudflaps, although I'm not sure I like them..

Edited by demons

I thought all Lupos were 5-seaters? I've only driven this and testdriven an Arosa once, so I really don't know.. Are the rear popout windows and front seat airbags standard also?

quite a rare spec car, nearly all lupo's and arosa's are 4 seater as 5 was a rare option, to have pop outs is another nice feature of the very early cars, seat air bags are odd on a 1.0 didnt thinkthat was even an option, are they standard seats?

looks pretty smart

wayne

Thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Interior seems to be completely standard (except some extra loudspeakers), although it is black/grey and blue (a color combination I haven't seen on a black car before).. I'll try to take a pic and post it later today smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Pics of the interior :

dash.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

seats.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

rearseats.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

A little bit worn here and there, but I've always liked the Lupo interior smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks! I thought it was standard?

Not standard...! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

You probably got the first edition Lupo...! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Mine is 2001 and she has the grey background...! huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

D.

Not standard...! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

You probably got the first edition Lupo...! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

What's special about the First Edition? And how can I tell if it is? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i havent seen what the 5 seater seats look like untill now! nice find!

what reg is it?

Thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I don't know how your (reg) system is, but it's a 1999 one litre..

Ok, get it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Maybe the previous owner did it then? Anyway, I love the look of it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I didn't know they were that special smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Nice to know smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I got the cupholders and installed them, will also install the new shift know and gaitor soon..

Just have to change the waterpump and belt first.. Will probably let a shop do it for me..

Just a small question (didn't bother making a new thread for this one..)

How do you get the knob for back seat entry (on the side of the seat) properly attached? It just won't stay on..

I tried forcing it on, but it just falls off again :(

FK badgeless grill fitted today:

badgeless.jpg

I've also fitted the new gear knob and gear gaitor, but I don't have any pics of that yet..

The half moon for the bonnet will be fitted as soon as it's painted.. Do I have to screw it to my bonnet or can I glue it?