on coilies but not low enough

jamaka

I just took my adjusters off to get the lowest poss and it looks good, only prob is now one side is a few mm off compared to the other but not too noticable

I haven't taken my adjusters off, just some people on this site have, not sure about the dampners, i do know that its lower than the TUV approved height, so warranty probs will be affected.

Mines just sitting on the spring on the rear, i went through two sets of fk dampers, there just not short enough, bought some different ones which were shorter now sits pretty low with no weight in the back. (seats etc).

Mines just sitting on the spring on the rear, i went through two sets of fk dampers, there just not short enough, bought some different ones which were shorter now sits pretty low with no weight in the back. (seats etc).

Where do you get shorter damper's and how much.

I got no rings in at the back, and ive lowered it a fair bit up frount.

Spax.

Any particular ones Dan? I've got the same problem with mine too blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

theyre not FK laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> theyre PhilJ Specials from clubpolo (VMAXX or something ? blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> )

Where do you get shorter damper's and how much.

I got no rings in at the back, and ive lowered it a fair bit up frount.

You’ve got no rings atall? Think that’s dangerous mate? As the spring has no flat face to sit on, just the cone shaped bit at the bottom. It’s just the adjuster ring (the thinner, smaller one at the bottom) that people take out.

You’ve got no rings atall? Think that’s dangerous mate? As the spring has no flat face to sit on, just the cone shaped bit at the bottom. It’s just the adjuster ring (the thinner, smaller one at the bottom) that people take out.

Ring's as in locking ring's/nuts

Edited by ricoshay

what i will say mate , before you do it , i jack the car up from the base plate of the towing eye at the back ( not the actual loop but where its welded to the chasis ) and that way i can get the trolley jack under the car even when its slammed . anyway , when you take the block out , lower it slowly and make sure they locate properly as the springs are that short they sometimes dont line up 100% spot on and could ping out , so make sure they locate right and you should be fine . i run mine as a daily with the blocks out and no problems . ill prob be like dan though and shoot the shockies to sh*t but who cares , all part of the fun laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />