The White Stripes

heartagram

Why do music 'eliteists' get so pissed off with The White Stripes? You knwo the kind of people I mean, the ones who have every album anyone likes at least 6 months before they are hugely popular in the mainstream whhich is when they stop liking them because its uncool to be sucessful and there shitty band is going knowhere, jelous much?

Fair enough they don't exactly play the most advanced music, its all quite simple but it works very well. Nearly all of there singles have been proper anthems that always get a good responce where ever they are played. SOmetimes the simplest things are best, dunno why some people get properly pissed of with them.

There used to be a lad I worked with and he was in a band that was crap and he had the hump over the White Stripes being famous. He was the drummer, know one even cares about drummers. I told him that once, was hilarious cause he takes his band proper seriously.

Anyway, there new song pimp!

The White Stripes are awesome live. Not at a festival, but at one of their own gigs.

The sound that comes out of just two people on stage makes you wonder where the rest of the band is hiding.

A colleague and pal who is a good musician in his own right has one gripe with them: how can you have a rock band without a bass guitar!

They play real music fantastically well!

Ray

I think it is because it is just two people, however there is hidden instruments in there. I just think the sound from them is rubbish, couldnt care less how popular they are (I dont really listen to any music like that anyway). Also, for example he uses effects on his guitar to make it sounds like a bass... why not just have a bass player? They are just a bit silly tbh.

The sound that comes out of just two people on stage makes you wonder where the rest of the band is hiding.

That would be just off the stage then wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

know one even cares about drummers

when you have a view like that you cant rant about other peoples views on music (im not a drummer)

Edited by Steffro

Oh dear! So you don't like that kind of music.

Boring if we were all the same.

Enjoy life!

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm not taken with the whole White Stripes thing. I dislike them for the same reasons I never liked Keane. Yes they're different, but I just don't get it.

I think they're creepy.

"Ivvve been thinking about my doorbell, when you gonna ring it, when you gonna ring it"

Love that song aswell as Hotel Yoba. Not fussed on the rest though!

But I totally get what you mean by people going off certain music as it goes to "mainstream". Utter bollocky crap to try and be "individual".

PS I heart.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":heart:" border="0" alt="heart.gif" /> "

I liked the video they did with the stop frame... quite liked the song too.!

I have their last two albums and I can safely say I really like them. I feel they are an aquired taste, but they really can perform! I like Icky Thump so much I bought the CD and Vinyl copies.