service

jonnycv

My Gti is coming up to a year old on the 17th, but is also close to 10K as well. As I have noticed the varying prices that the stealers charge I thought I would ring around. Hartwell Birmingham want £144, The dealer in Solihull wants £151, but the one in Stourbridge wants £81.56 for an oil change - and they said it would be ok for the warranty. But, she points out that there are nearer dealers to me so I pointed out the difference in cost so she said to ask them for an “1st oil change” instead of an annual inspection. I called Hartwell back and told them about the oil change they then said that an 03 car has “long life oil” so can go on for 20K and told to me to wait for the service light to come on. What do guys think I should do?

Hmm... My 20k's coming up soon and I'll definately feel a pain in my wallet I'm sure.

Looking at Eurostar to Belgium at the moment - I've heard servicing's cheap over there and it might be cheaper taking a short break on Eurostar and getting the service done there.

Think I paid about £90 for the 10k service. Still needs to be done on the year old car i had so I don't think they have it right. Go by the stamps needed in your service book, think mine showed the firstone needed at 15000km (9375 miles)

QUOTE(nickilupo)
My Dad's peugeot 307 has 20k service intervals.

And thats french.lol

mine has hard use optional 4500mile oil change services, and that's japaneese laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It's not right is it running a car on same oil for 20K

+ in my book the service interval is 10k

Think i will get an oil change and take your advice

and get it in writing that my warranty is ok...

QUOTE(AndyW)
The oil on my dads 2001 TT definately needed changing before 20k I'm sure.

The TT, or certainly my dad's TT(!) has variable service intervals. It decides when it needs a service. The intervals can be anywhere between 10 and 20K depending on how you drive it.

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
QUOTE(AndyW)
The oil on my dads 2001 TT definately needed changing before 20k I'm sure.

The TT, or certainly my dad's TT(!) has variable service intervals. It decides when it needs a service. The intervals can be anywhere between 10 and 20K depending on how you drive it.

Thats true, hadn't thought of that.