Just ordered new car...

Grapo

lol mouthy kids yea alrite grandad

it's not just that all normal lupo drivers seem to think the gti is alot slower than it is and come out with all these faults like the gear ratios being too short for quick starts (despide having the edl which will suprise alot of faster cars in damp conditions while they're left spinning one wheel) having presumably never owned one as i can't see a reason to downgrade also why is it whenever anyone mentions prices of gti's normal lupo drivers always price them only slightly higher than sports when in reality the truth's a different story and also why does every sport driver i speak to insist there lupo is faster than the gti and if it isn't they will outdrive me whats with that lol anyway rant over

retard.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

You even look like him.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

despide having the edl which will suprise alot of faster cars in damp conditions while they're left spinning one wheel

hmmm ok then, so the cars applying the brakes to the wheels when its wet.

I guess your right, that does make your car faster.

No matter what, you wont win a race with a new Polo GTI.

You drive a slow car, get over it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

All standard VW GTI's are slow compared to their comtemporaries (sp)

Buy what you want/ like, new Polo GTi is a nice car good choice. Especially in White smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I love my GTi, but they don't make the Lupo anymore, so how can it compete with the new Polo GTi!

I found a good Polo Gti review on the Telegraph website. Which gives it a 0-60 in slightly under 8 secs.

Love what their saying and if I was in the market for a new car would be tempted. The write up could've been written about me!

Not so much grey hair though and defo no gold chain yet.

Ray

hmmm ok then, so the cars applying the brakes to the wheels when its wet.

I guess your right, that does make your car faster.

No matter what, you wont win a race with a new Polo GTI.

You drive a slow car, get over it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

do you know what a diff lock is why would it apply the brakes u dumb feck read the manual

do you know what a diff lock is why would it apply the brakes u dumb feck read the manual

The Lupo does not have a diff lock.

It uses the brakes.

Thanks for the name calling.

Take a look at my ban stick.

See it?

Good.

Its not fast, its nippy, but not fast.

nar to be honest gti's are not that fast, ok i know i drive a 1.0 but i have driven a lot of cars and yer sure the gti is not the slowest but there are i good handfull of cars that will beat it. just face facts you gti is not a ferrari and is not pushing the same as one lol. iam not 100% on what you are running as i carnt be assed to look for your wip but just end it with your not beating a polo gti.

It uses the brakes.

See it?

Good.

LOL

and G i have had a go in my mates one and i have to say i love them, they drive nice they are nice inside and they have this safe/strong feel about them. i would spend the money on one if i had it because i love the look of them and like the way they feel and the inside and as you spend most of the time in the car driving it thats what counts lol.and as for the white that has to be the best colour out there at the moment

of course there are many many cars that are faster, but the lupo gti is well known as a pocket rocket. its a quick car. its not a middle ground car either, even in terms of off the line acceleration it beats more cars than it looses against. in no way can it be called slow or not that quick. nippy cars do a 0-60 in about 10-12 seconds. slow cars 14- 15 seconds. different viewpoint.

0-60 in 8+ seconds is not fast.

Its nippy.

0-60 in 6 seconds is fast for a hot hatch.

The Lupo GTI is a warm hatch, I remember an old member on here who had a Lupo sport for a couple of years then bought a spec'd GTI new in 2002 (he still has it) he always said the sport was more fun to drive, was almost as quick, just didnt drive as nice on a day to day basis due to the lack of low down grunt.

He also used to say that if the Lupo GTI was built but Honda the little 1.6 would have come with 160bhp as standard.

VW do not make hot hatch backs, simple as that if you ask me.

Now dont get me wrong, I love the car, I adore the engine, one of the best I think Ive ever known, but it is under powered, the gearbox is crap for sprint racing, but point to point one of the quickest little cars Ive ever been in.

But I still wouldn't say its a fast car.

i agree that vw need to make proper vvt/vct engines. the 1.6 gti engine is a good one with very high compression. but it would be ace with wild cam profiles kicking in at 6krpm upto 8krpm.

thankfully the exclusivity/character of the car makes up for the shortfall in power.

200bhp civic type R counts as fast hot hatch, but its yawnworthy compared to the gti.

just depends though as before i though speed was all about off the lights or in a straight line. Now as mentioned my arosa isnt fast but it can keep up with bigger cars and with 280mm discs can slow down later and take corners faster aswell. My car isnt that fast off the line but it does have ommpf. But once in the busy city or back twisty b roads it makes sense. when i come to sell this car and get either a cupra tdi or a 7series or a clk230. None will have the agility and fun. E.g. my mate drives a 200sx its fast but only when fast and the arosa is fun at normal speeds which i love.

wow you people that can't afford a gti really have a chip on your shoulders don't you lmao
It's not that us " people " have a chip on our shoulders because we can't " afford "

a GTI.

It's simply mouthy kids that do it for us.

lol mouthy kids yea alrite grandad

it's not just that all normal lupo drivers seem to think the gti is alot slower than it is and come out with all these faults like the gear ratios being too short for quick starts (despide having the edl which will suprise alot of faster cars in damp conditions while they're left spinning one wheel) having presumably never owned one as i can't see a reason to downgrade also why is it whenever anyone mentions prices of gti's normal lupo drivers always price them only slightly higher than sports when in reality the truth's a different story and also why does every sport driver i speak to insist there lupo is faster than the gti and if it isn't they will outdrive me whats with that lol anyway rant over

having owned a gti loop, building my own with polo gti power and driving heartagrams sport i will say it, the lupo sport will and can hold it's own against a gti as far as i'm concerned, top end it may lose it a bit but round the twisties and everyday driving there's little in the 2
retard.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

You even look like him.

It uses the brakes.

See it?

Good.

banhim.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />
EmerilBan.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LOL ROFL and LMAO all rolled into one!