Anyone changed headlight yet?? - Fookin nightmare!

TANNER

Alrite Arosa peeps. have any of u changed a headlight bulb yet?

One of my missus went this week so I got her to buy sum Phillips vision plus (£9 more in H7 than H4!) Had to laff at the handbook where it says bulbs can only be changed by qualified technicians but it was a right game.

No room to manouver because of the battery and afterwards we could not get the cover back on properly. They are in but it doesnt seem light a very good fit, if they go agen I think she'l be takin it to the seat monkeys to deal with! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I managed it.

It took about an hour, in which there were several exchanges of bad words between me and the car. A few times the car won and I ended up bleeding.

Its easier to just remove the battery to start with. The clip to retain the bulb inside must have been designed by a 2 year old. Its too flimsy, unless you get it back on perfectly it drops the bulb backwards. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

hello peeps you want to try the lupo exactly the same probs what a complete pain, next time i will pay a dealer to change then rather than cut my hands up

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

won't f**king sit straight!!!! And as for that clip, it's a mofo c**t to get off - had to ram a screwdriver into it. I've given up now, they are reasonably placed so ****** it. I bought the halfords xenon 50% more light bulbs, looking good:) As for changing a sidelight - f**k that.

• 6 months later...

right from the amount of trouble u lot have had with head lights i think i will leave out putting in angel eyes on ma rosa lights , it would look good but from what u say near impossible to do

Did the job two days ago, and a definite yes to remove the battery first. It gives you a hell of a lot more work room!!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm still strugglin with that damn arial, just won't budge!!!! I got a nice silver one for a replacment but the original is being a damn nuisance!!!

Did an arosa today, Had a set of 30% Extra light Xenon bulbs put in, Took me 10 minutes for the pair.

Not sure where i was going wrong, but i didnt come accross any of the problems you guys have done.. Apart from the battery of course... But i managed to squeeze hands in their earning a total of £8.99 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ive got a Mk1 arosa - is it the same to fit new bulbs? :? if it isnt can anyone tell me how cos i really need to fit some brighter ones (or should i give up now while i still got all my limbs and send it to the garage? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

also wheres the cheapest place to get the bulbs or can i get them from somewhere like halfords on this one?

i've got a mk1 and had to chage the front lights twice now. i've never found a problem doing it. Its pretty straight forward. As for the bulbs they are a bit pony as standard. Halfords do them which are much cheaper than seat. Hpoe this helps.

• 1 month later...

:wink: look...OUR 1LTR PALS SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS "MISSION"...CONTRARY ,THE 1.4 PROBABLY DIDN T LEAVE ANY ROOM UNDER THE HOOD..U C THE TECH TEAM IN THE SEAT FACTORY...FILLED IT WITH POWER AND ENTHUSIASM!!! evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PERFORM THE TASK WITHOUT MOVING AT LEAST A BIT THE BATTERY...AND BE CAUTIOUS WITH THE LIGHT COVERS...I GOT MY LEFT ONE BROKEN AND IT EVRY TIME I WASH MY little DEMON IT ABSORBS HUMIDITY INSIDE ...YOU GOT TO PUSH IT FIRST BY HAND AND THEN CLIP IT ON..