over the last week ive applied for several apprentices, including:

Honda

BMW

Seat

Audi

Mercedes Benz

Renault

Porsche

fingers crossed il get one smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

dont suppose anyone on heres got an apprenticeship with any of the above have they?

Edited by D_eano

Try Ferrari

just did laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />... and just got an email back from them saying

'We are very pleased to inform you that based upon the information provided your

application has been successful in progressing to the next stage of the

recruitment process. Therefore you shall be contacted by a member of the

recruitment team, who will then ask you a number of questions. Also they will

answer any questions that you may have and shall be able to advise you on the

options that are available.'

very exciting biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ford is a good company to work for smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

im on it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well ive applied for service technician for all of them... im really not fussed about which one i get as they all seem really quite good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

honda say that theyll teach succesful aplicants to drive cars, ride motorcycles (sumfin ive wanted to do for ages) and drive go karts laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

theres a few that ask for second and third choices and honda and BMW offer motorcycl apprenticeships... second choice aws motorcycle ones, then body repair, then paint technician, then parts consultant

honda say that theyll teach succesful aplicants to drive cars

what you mean you cant at the moment laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

how much does a mechanic get paid?

i would have thought that you would hit a glass ceiling at some point when it comes to levels of pay. does this not worry you?

My mate is a mechanic, owns his own business, owns a 250-300K house as well as his business, a Mitsubishi Evo VII as his daily driver and has just bought his mrs an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro, whilst bringing up a kid also. I think that he has made a fair whack as a mechanic and will be even richer when he sells up.

Every job has perceived limits, but most can be scewed depending on desire and ability. (wow that is really philosophical for me!)

If D_eano wants to be a mechanic don't knock him for it, I think it's a pretty good job in terms of his life-span as people are always gonna need stuff fixing, unlike many other jobs.

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking, Adam?

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

My mate is a mechanic, owns his own business, owns a 250-300K house as well as his business, a Mitsubishi Evo VII as his daily driver and has just bought his mrs an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro, whilst bringing up a kid also. I think that he has made a fair whack as a mechanic and will be even richer when he sells up.

Every job has perceived limits, but most can be scewed depending on desire and ability. (wow that is really philosophical for me!)

If D_eano wants to be a mechanic don't knock him for it, I think it's a pretty good job in terms of his life-span as people are always gonna need stuff fixing, unlike many other jobs.

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking, Adam?

NOCK

i'm not knocking anyone for anything. i'm just asking what the limits are on earnings really out of general interest. i have no idea what the average mechanic earns if they work at a main dealership.

i work in IT.

i'm not knocking anyone for anything. i'm just asking what the limits are on earnings really out of general interest. i have no idea what the average mechanic earns if they work at a main dealership.

i work in IT.

Fair enough then it is nice to see that, for once, you weren't being obnoxious. I have no idea what they earn either I would say it varies depending on where you work.

IT is a BIG area, what exactly in IT do you do?

NOCK

just did laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />... and just got an email back from them saying

'We are very pleased to inform you that based upon the information provided your

application has been successful in progressing to the next stage of the

recruitment process. Therefore you shall be contacted by a member of the

recruitment team, who will then ask you a number of questions. Also they will

answer any questions that you may have and shall be able to advise you on the

options that are available.'

very exciting biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

im on it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You owe me forum-respect if you get the job baby

Fair enough then it is nice to see that, for once, you weren't being obnoxious. I have no idea what they earn either I would say it varies depending on where you work.

IT is a BIG area, what exactly in IT do you do?

NOCK

I work for a VAR in the consultancy/technical side of things, i also run my own department which takes care of all after sales support for mostly HP servers and laptops. tomorrow i will be on site at Symbian in London doing an office move (luckily we contract in monkeys to do the physical moving for us, we just have to do the technical side of setting the network up). currently doing mcse and hp accreditation along with vmware dabbling with vmware. my main interest is in the networking side of things. i am also the internal system admin for the company i work for. so basically my job is massively varied and is mainly contracts for loads of different companies doing various work for them, from basic system admin, to installing new hardware, adding to their networks, or even implementing a whole new network for them.

Edited by Adam K

hehe cheers guys, ive pretty much set my hopes on this so ill be sooo chuffed if i get one

@ olw: laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i think it means track driving, allthough if not its a bit silly... n cheers for the good luck i know youre applying for the police so good luck to you too sir!

@ willcrook: damn right i will smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

@ Lupo_nock: omg you changed your name!

@ adam k: ywea i dunno what the pays like, but i figure there will be benefits as ill be able to work on my own car instead of paying stupid amounts for services smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />... plus its something i can see myself really enjoying and i rekon thats what counts really smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I work for a VAR in the consultancy/technical side of things, i also run my own department which takes care of all after sales support for mostly HP servers and laptops. tomorrow i will be on site at Symbian in London doing an office move (luckily we contract in monkeys to do the physical moving for us, we just have to do the technical side of setting the network up). currently doing mcse and hp accreditation along with vmware dabbling with vmware. my main interest is in the networking side of things. i am also the internal system admin for the company i work for. so basically my job is massively varied and is mainly contracts for loads of different companies doing various work for them, from basic system admin, to installing new hardware, adding to their networks, or even implementing a whole new network for them.

Cool that sounds pretty good actually (don't let it get to your head lol), so if any one was thinking of purchasing a HP laptop you'd be able to get a nice meaty discount I bet wouldn't you? shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

NOCK

@ Lupo_nock: omg you changed your name!

Lol first person to mention it!

plus its something i can see myself really enjoying and i rekon thats what counts really smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sure does if you want a job you can do 'til a ripe old age!

NOCK

my advice would be-

stick to main dealers- easier jobs, tech support, generally higher pay and more up to date working environment (but theres a lot more paperwork, technicalities, dos and donts etc)

keep up to date with your evidence, im waaaaay behind and its just plain depressing

dont rely on remit/carter and carter for ****. theyre crap. you really have to push them to get anything done

and as for working till a ripe old age- im not gonna be on the tools after 35. i want to get qualified, then work up and out the workshop asap (plan is get as many qualifications as i can outta Ford then go after my teachers job). either that or become master tech. as with any job, the most qualified bloke gets paid the most and only has to do half the work of everybody else.

reet arun thats great info, thanks for that ill keep it in mind smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and a little update as of so far, BMW have said there not recruiting in my area atm... so my mate that works there sed i should just send in my cv n see what happens smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />... persistence is the best form of persuasion biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i handed my cv in personally to the manager of my local seat, audi and bmw... smart move? what do you lot rekon?

and omg the amount of strange looks i got in the audi dealership cause i was a 17 yr old with a letter in his hand, i could see everyone trin to read what was on the envelope so i kept turning it around laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> muahaha... but yea it was like theyd never seen a 17 yr old before, would of loved to se the looks on their faces if i splapped 50k down in cash and demanded a new Q7 tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

seat were proper nice though, the manager came and greeted me and then i spoke to him n it was all cool beans smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by D_eano

• 2 weeks later...

im using this as a blog lol

phone call from audi a min ago, asking me a few details like what experience ive had, why i want an apprentice, why i didnt get an apprentice straight away etc.. felt pretty confident answering him, n he said hell be in touch with vacancies biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

thats all for now ppl

Edited by D_eano