Linkin Park

emo_gazz

Why does it matter if a band is manafactured? Rage against the machine were manafactured and they are awesome musicians.

So why do so many people use that against girls aloud et al? when some of them like liberty x are actually talented musicians too...

Because a manufactured band has been put together by a record company or manager purely for making money.

Music is 'supposed' to be an art, an expression of emotions, etc. You form a band playing songs that you wrote and like, making money from it is a bonus. Getting a group of girls together and getting them to sing lyrics they didn't write over music that they didn't write or perform and them getting credit for it takes the piss a bit from people who've poured their hearts and souls and effort into making music that they care about.

Not saying I necessarily agree with that, good music is good music, but that's the common opinion, I gather.

So why do so many people use that against girls aloud

because of the fact that they can't sing, and the only thing they've got going for them is that they look pretty and dance nicely...

because of the fact that they can't sing, and the only thing they've got going for them is that they look pretty and dance nicely...

I beg to differ, seeing as all of them went through pop stars: the rivals - singing live each week infront of a live audience...

So that maybe your opinion that you dont like their sound, but by definition of what singing is - yes they can smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Girls Aloud are pretty??

They're a better bet that the Pussycat Dolls - that's a gamble I wouldn't want to take.

As for the Linkin Park single, I heard it yesterday on Edith "I'll knowingly put listeners right on Scottish music or film related matters without sounding the least bit patronising" Bowman and didn't think it was 'comeback' material.

explain

I got told this by someone in the music industry, but other sources say differently, but wheather they wernt or not, my point is still if music souds good then why not like it just because they were put together.

Im pretty sure girls aloud can sing, they went through loads of auditions etc etc. Im pretty sure they can sing better than alot of rock singers also.

Im not saying their voices arnt electronically altered and they dont mime on stage, but if that is what poeple want to buy then who cares. Obviously their is more musical 'talent' in a band/producer who do everything themselves.

but wheather they wernt or not, my point is still if music souds good then why not like it just because they were put together.

you shouldnt just use RAGE to make a point if its not true. bein manufactured means YES the band has been put together by a record label who want money but there also told what to sing.

for example. Ashley Simpson. All round girly pop singer then once the 'EMO/PUNK' music was in fasion all of a sudden shes a Punk. Then once its out, shes back to a pop singer.

sn_091306_ashlees.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

now the worse, she looks like jessica (kinda) lol.

ashnew3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

you shouldnt just use RAGE to make a point if its not true. bein manufactured means YES the band has been put together by a record label who want money but there also told what to sing.

for example. Ashley Simpson. All round girly pop singer then once the 'EMO/PUNK' music was in fasion all of a sudden shes a Punk. Then once its out, shes back to a pop singer.

sn_091306_ashlees.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

now the worse, she looks like jessica (kinda) lol.

ashnew3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

i thot she was quite fit in the meo/punk days but that peroxide mop excuse for hair and shitey makeup really does look shococking...

I got told this by someone in the music industry, but other sources say differently, but wheather they wernt or not, my point is still if music souds good then why not like it just because they were put together.

good point, but they weren't, tim commerford and zack de la rocha were childhood friends, Tom morello asked de la rocha to work with him after seeing him rapping and brad wilk was drafted from another band that they knew

As for linkin park, in every interview i've heard with them they always describe themselves as a 'project' rather than a band, so it's not like they're hiding it