Need a Guide to Cleaning Carbs with Red Ex please.

Lupo*

Hi, can anyone provide a step by step for cleaning the airbox carbs thingy lol.

Its says on back of red ex but not very clear.

How do i get to airbox etc, and pour it where?

Thanks

Lupo*

On my old mk2 golf, you took the air filter housing of the top of the carb.

There was then two holes, one with a thin pipe over it and one with a valve, I just poured about half a bottle in to both. The revs will die down and the engine will sound really rough, due to lack of fuel.

Just use the throttle on the side of the carb to keep the revs up and pour the cleaner in to the carb in small amounts, using the throttle to clear it through, if you get what i mean confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> lol

Dunno if this is any help

thanks for guide, but i know nothin bout motors, would need pics lol to even tell me what the carb thingy is lol.

Yeah i need guide for a 2000 1.4 S Please? and what benifits will this do? as had new cambelt and sometimes when idle the car occasionally has a little struggle and wobble. and i thought the belt would have cured this.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Lupo*

If you wanna clean the fuel system on the lupo, best thing to do is pour it in the petrol tank before you next fill up.

Agreed. Your Lupo has fuel injection therefore no carbs (you have one or the other). I'm gonna be getting some myself soon me thinks.

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

The bit you are trying to clean is the throttle body.

Undo 4 allen keys engine cover, undo screws on air box lid, remove pipe to oil breather and air feed and lift off lid. Take out the panel filter and you will be loooking down the hole of your throttle body. This is where you need to spray the cleaner. I would get a solvent spray type, make sure your engine does not cut out when doing it best with 2 people one reving while you spray.

Just gets all the gunk from the oil breather off the throttle body.

is it like a metal cylinder and has a flap the spins open and close inside? as a little bit of black oil was all round it all messy and on part of the air filter too. guess thats not good. looked like fresh oil tho...

thanks for the input.

I cleaned the throttle body on my 1.0 arosa before, its easy to do and it made a bit of a difference to the pick up of the engine. I also often use gas treatment in both of my arosas, keeps the injectors etc in good condition and it running how it should.

But red-ex isnt the best of stuff