Just found some pics of my old car...

Devon

No, but most are and they are a BIG reason why we are gonna get this pay as you go ****!!! When you buy a new car, for god sake, do not get something like that! They are inefficient pieces of tat.

Wow they can get over hills, so can a bicycle, and so can I with my legs without the aid of fossil fuels!!!!!!!!

NOCK

and what to the people who actually need these things? god forbid that any mother of 1 has to drive such common cars as a focus to do the school run!

sarcasm mode off now, i agree there a bad idea to have them on the road, but there are some owners of 4x4s that do actually take them off road! (mind im not being sarcastic here) they have there uses and i dont think they should be taxed to kingdom come, think of the driver that will need it most, we'll say a farmer, hard workin, long hours and not a great deal of income, why should they have to pay more tax when a normal car just wont cut it?

Thats not a 4x4, its a giant vauxhall box. I hope you had plenty of oil with you at all times, I`ve never seen anything go through oil like a Frontera. They are not terrible off-road, but on the road they are, the only time I have driven one I wished i had'nt.

Before I had my Arosa I had this:

Hilux2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

SnowTruck2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DylanDadTruck2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

TruckView.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Its a Toyota Hilux Surf 3ltr grey import. I had a 4 inch lift kit fitted, a few engine mods and did a bit work on the interior. I loved this truck and it was always looked after with special care, I hated having to sell it.

I used the truck for the landscape gardening I was doing and for getting to my work, as i had just ripped the cat off my Astra going up the track to my sheds. I joined an offroad center for a year as well which was awesome fun.

farmers will be happy with a land rover defender - cheap tax for that and hike it up for all other chelsea tractors

mums wont wanna drive a defender haha

and what to the people who actually need these things? god forbid that any mother of 1 has to drive such common cars as a focus to do the school run!

sarcasm mode off now, i agree there a bad idea to have them on the road, but there are some owners of 4x4s that do actually take them off road! (mind im not being sarcastic here) they have there uses and i dont think they should be taxed to kingdom come, think of the driver that will need it most, we'll say a farmer, hard workin, long hours and not a great deal of income, why should they have to pay more tax when a normal car just wont cut it?

Farmers shouldn't be taxed at all as its a vehicle for business use and they have it hard enough as it is IMO.

NOCK

Looks like good fun the offroading. Not driven a frontera on road but ive used one to tow a trailer round a farm and the fields. It was a 5 door and with a massive trailer on the back, took some judging through tght gates, but was good fun. Coped well with the ruts and steep inclines when tipping the trailer.

Ive done 3 offroad coruses in landrovers, its amasing just where they go, sometimes i think i coulndt even walk over where i was driving, really rough terrain.

Chris

Looks like good fun the offroading. Not driven a frontera on road but ive used one to tow a trailer round a farm and the fields. It was a 5 door and with a massive trailer on the back, took some judging through tght gates, but was good fun. Coped well with the ruts and steep inclines when tipping the trailer.

Ive done 3 offroad coruses in landrovers, its amasing just where they go, sometimes i think i coulndt even walk over where i was driving, really rough terrain.

Chris

They're still gay though

The most off-road most of them get is a pavement

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

Fronty's drive ok on the road, bit wallowy as they all are but there not that bad. My first one saved my life, only had it 6 days, it replaced my Mk2 Golf GTi and I was rear ended by 2 lorries at once. If I had of been in the Golf I would of been dead for sure, I was told this by the Insurance assesor.

Off road there great once they have a bit of fettling. We used to run trials and one of the Fronty drivers used to regularly finish in the top 5 against competition from Disco's, Defenders and Zuki's.

I do miss mine but can't see myself going back to one now to be honest.

They're still gay though

The most off-road most of them get is a pavement

NOCK

4x4s are generally good cars for where they are - offroaders. But i totally agree they should not be used as rep moiles and the likes as people just dont have the need for a 4x4 in everyday driving.

Edit: although saying that my parents have had a 110 defender and also a 4.0 range rover as the main car. We now have a scenic diesel, much more enviro freindly rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

There-a place

Their-something belonging to someone

They're-short for they are

Sorry for being picky just those 3 really annoy me when I'm reading posts

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

There-a place

Their-something belonging to someone

They're-short for they are

Sorry for being picky just those 3 really annoy me when I'm reading posts

NOCK

you sticking your name under every post is annoying. why do you need to do it. we can see your name on every post anyway, it's not like we are going to forget that it's you posting by the time we get to the bottom of your post rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Agreed. The farmers get shafted enough by the government and the supermarkets as it is.

I work on a farm and my boss has a field of 80 sheep for lambing. Last year he made a total of £345 in the sale of the lambs and spent over £100 in feed for them. Its aweful the amount of work that goes on for little or no return. Luckliy for him he built a golf course on his far m 15 yrs ago and he rents out most of the other fields. You can`t get to his house without a 4x4, but he still gets taxed the hilt. They should put some clause, where if you can prove that the 4x4 is nessesary then you get a tax break.

you sticking your name under every post is annoying. why do you need to do it. we can see your name on every post anyway, it's not like we are going to forget that it's you posting by the time we get to the bottom of your post rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'll do things my way, you do things yours 'cus I can't be bothered with another petty argument to be honest. I'm not the only one on here who puts there name at the bottom of posts.

NOCK

They should put some clause, where if you can prove that the 4x4 is nessesary then you get a tax break.

Agreed, and for Porsche Cayenne drivers it should be tripled 'cus lets face it, who buys one of them to go off-road?

NOCK

Agreed, and for Porsche Cayenne drivers it should be tripled 'cus lets face it, who buys one of them to go off-road?

NOCK

wtf?

why do you care if people drive x5's and cayennes?

it's their choice.

wtf is wrong with this country now, aren't people allowed freedom of choice? all these fúcking do gooders trying to make the world a pink and fluffy place mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I'll do things my way, you do things yours 'cus I can't be bothered with another petty argument to be honest. I'm not the only one on here who puts there name at the bottom of posts.

NOCK

Dont see anything wrong with posting names after what you say, i do it usually rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> dont see why it would annoy anyone blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Nah its just I don't like to see such inefficiency in engineering. They have massive engines that create pathetic amounts of power for their size, and rape the petrol stations completely. They are a pathetic wast of space and completely unnecessary.

Except for farmers who deserve a decent defender or discovery (but not a Cayenne 'cus they are PATHETIC in EVERY way)

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

Dont see anything wrong with posting names after what you say, i do it usually rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> dont see why it would annoy anyone.

Chris

Agreed mate, some people just think that having a 4 or 5 line signature that no one reads is more appropriate.

NOCK

No, but most are and they are a BIG reason why we are gonna get this pay as you go ****!!! When you buy a new car, for god sake, do not get something like that! They are inefficient pieces of tat.

Wow they can get over hills, so can a bicycle, and so can I with my legs without the aid of fossil fuels!!!!!!!!

NOCK

I dont really agree with 4x4's that are used for the school run, but i really feel the urge to go make a massive banner that says STFU to pin up outside your house.