Smoothing the airbox

leddy

Moden hot hatches come with small engines but big power - Nothing new there.

But this has to be done, as cleanly as posible.

Because of this car manufactors spend countless hours and cash on devoloping the exhaust and inlet system.

I would be extremly supprised if you could get anywhere near 10bhp from a exhaust and filter.

Also LoopGTI.

I cant see what improvments could be made to the braking system.

My ABS kicks in too much no as it is with standard brakes.

Larger brakes will only make this worse.

Have you ever run an exhaust system on a car? LoopGTI

I never do any modifications on my car that I cant put back to standard, thats why I bought a second airbox from the scrapy just to play about with.

If you've ever had the air box off the you will notice that it's got holes in the bottom anyway. plus I have'nt finished with it yet tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You say 10bhp wont give you a real advantage over a standard GTI, so in that case youve spent £400 on a pointless noise, but sorry I disagre! It's not all about bhp, these mod's will improve midrange proformance no end and that's where it counts!

I do agree with you on the Grip/handling/Braking side of things, but a Revo remap would only really work best with the above modifications.

Edited by vworks41

Also LoopGTI.

I cant see what improvments could be made to the braking system.

My ABS kicks in too much no as it is with standard brakes.

Larger brakes will only make this worse.

Agree with you completely, i was talking about cars in general, not just Lupos.

Hence why it was Grip/Handling/Brakes to upgrade in that order. If you need too.

Edited by LoopGTI

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> In my view the only vw engines in standard form that sound sexy are G60's on full chat, and any of theVR or V6 motors,

oooh and maybe the old audi like sound from a V5 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Heh, you know, that's the only thing I miss about the audi that I traded to get the Lupo. It really did sound the biz when you hoofed it away from junctions/the lights. Mind you, it was pretty scary when the active MPG readout was saying 5.9 .....