My Lupo

GINGE-GTI

stick it in the weeds and youve got yourself a sure winner there smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

what you mean? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

stick it in the weeds and youve got yourself a sure winner there smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Slam it. Lower it somewhat! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ray

Lower it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Deck it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if it ain't rubbin it ain't dubbin tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

rite i get you now! i really need to get more into this dubbin lingo lol biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> so glad that i bought this car its the best car ive ever had and im really enjoying modding it, cnt wait till after crimbo wen ive got the money to have the body work done on the front.

Glad you are enjoying your car, thats what this club is all about really. A group of like minded car enthousiasts who all enjoy our cars and driving them.

With those size wheels you should be able to lower the car quite a lot.

LOL @ the lingo!

Car looks great!

they are 14" wheels mate, i dunno how much to lower the car i was thinking about 60mm what do you think would be a ok lowering amount?

i just cant wait to get all the other stuff i want doing theres so much ive got planned for the car, i want to get it all done while im still living at home with my parents, coz i know when i move out in about a years time i wont have the money to do what i want with my car.

they are 14" wheels mate, i dunno how much to lower the car i was thinking about 60mm what do you think would be a ok lowering amount?

i just cant wait to get all the other stuff i want doing theres so much ive got planned for the car, i want to get it all done while im still living at home with my parents, coz i know when i move out in about a years time i wont have the money to do what i want with my car.

if i can got over 100mm on 17's im sure 60 will be ok lol! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Bear in mind that GTI's are lower as standard. I reckon mine's only down about 55mm on the standard bathursts with 195/45/15 tyres, and I scrape my sills over some speedbumps. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

eXXXtreme arosa, is your car any lower to the ground than it was standard? Or have you just closed up the arch gap left by the big wheels?

i want the wheels to fit in the arches nicely but i dont want it rubbing. if i had the option i would prob get adjustable suspension but i think it would cost too much how much does a adjustable suspension cost around?

how good will it look on a 60mm drop has anyone got any pics of what theres looks like dropped 60mm???

100mm is just under 4", so yes, it will be 2" lower than standard with the 17s.

To be exact 1.9685 inches.

DSCF0006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and now

DSCF0033-2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

yes its lower than standard i can actually reach over the roof couldnt with my 14's on at standard height lol

distant memories of the skyscrapper lol!

DSCF0086-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ull notice there not a great deal of difference in the overall diameter of the wheels 14's and 17's. im running 195/40/17's up front now too and thats taken it down about 4mm lower at the front smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

front tyres are 14.5mm bigger in radius than the 185/55/14's that were on there and the rears are 18.5mm bigger in diameter

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

100mm is just under 4", so yes, it will be 2" lower than standard with the 17s.

To be exact 1.9685 inches.

taking into account the tyre size the raise is less, putting my mates old 14s (185/55) with tyres up to his 17s (195/40) there was nowhere near 2inches difference

• 2 weeks later...