New Full Systems

Mister Bob

There will be some brand new systems available for Arosa's/Lupo's sports soon. At the moment l have a Scorpion back box which is going to be upgraded to a full system and new Manifold at the same time, now the guy who's doing the job is "JOHN ASHLEY", and he does an out standing job because he just did a full system on my friends 500bhp Rover Turbo. Now he wants my car for 7-10 days so he can make up two full systems and manifolds, and he asked me too put the feelers out on this web site so in the new year there will be MANIFOLDS and SYSTEMS, also DE-CAT PIPES available. As for price l have no idea, I almost forgot he's making me a cold air feed pipe to go with my BMC, so no-dout they'll be available aswell. So when he's done my car l'll post some photo's of his work and a contact number. There for l'll be selling my Scorpion back box and some AVO 45mm lowering springs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am interested all dependant on price of course!!

Yeah l'll try and find out a price, l dropped the car off today and he was really bizy so l'll speak two him tomorrow about the price. I'm not sure yet how much he'll be charging me but the longer he has my car the cheaper it'll be, so worst case l'll get the car back next thursday. I'll keep you posted with the progress.

Ok went to see the car today and asked about price for people off this forum, at the moment a rough price is between £200-250, now that will fit straight onto a sport without any modding or hasle.

Now a quick qusetion if any of you can help, what is the firing order on a sport engine.

In about a week or so l hope, I should be getting the car back by next Thursday, but l am at work until the following weekend so l'll try my best to get photos on ASAP, the reason l wanted to know the firing order is because the guy who is doing the job wants to know so he can the most power from the manifold. Other wise he said he'll ring up VW/SEAT and find out the order.

I had checked about before l spoke to John Ashley about him under taking the work and l heard nothing but Good about his work, when l went do see him he was doing some custom work on a Vintage Alfa Romeo rally car and two Lamborghini's, so you can't question his work.

Yeah, you'll be able to choose what type of back box you want, style/shape/loud/quiet/road/race.

At the moment l'm going for the Manifold, De-cat, link pipe to the Scorpion back box l have on at the moment. I myself will be changing the Back box to match the rest of the system after the other things are done first because he's making me up a RAM-AIR type cold air feed pipe system for my BMC induction kit, (the same sort of system l had on my old GSXR750 SRAD).

Yeah. Now when l first spoke to John about doing me a full system from the manifold to the back box including a de-cat, the figures were looking around £500-600 mark, which l were'nt willing to pay. So l got him to correct my Scorpion back box that my local Kwik-fit (thick-fit) centre had ball's up fitting. It was'nt sitting straight, blowing like crazy and the rattling drove me mad, when he got the car up in the air to see what the problem was, he was disgusted when he saw what they had done. He had to make up some extra pipe and weld it to my existing pipe work because the clever sods at kwik-fit had cut the pipe way to short and there was only about 10mm of pipe going into the Scorpion back box. Also they had bent the two mounting brackets and bent the tail pipe section, that he had to cut off the tail pipe and reweld it.

It was only when l went to pick the car up that he had took it for a little test drive to check everything was ok, he was well impressed with the little 1.4sport and said he would like to build a manifold/system for it to unlock the extra power. So for me to get it a cheap price he said he would need the car for 7-10 days to make up two manifolds/systems/de-cats and the rest of the pipe work, so he has a copy to work from for anybody eles who wants a manifold/system/de-cat.

Yeah it might be worth putting a list together of people and what they want:-

MANIFOLD

BACK BOX (style/design)

DE-CAT

FULL SYSTEM

So l can inform him of how many people are serious. I think if theres enough he might do a group buy and you'll get them for a really cheap price, l know if you just walked in off the street and asked him for a custom manifold to be done in a couple of days your easly looking at £350+.