refurbing wheels

i really fancy having a go at my bathursts and re doing them in a slightly darker than standard colour.

how difficult to do would this be? and would i need to take the tyres off them? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Shouldn't be too hard. I've just finished mine, would have been a lot easier if they were all the same colour.

Just need to key the surface with some wet and dry and take out any kerbing or scrathes, then use an acid etch primer if there's bare metal showing. Follow it with some norma primer and paint then laquer, just the usual. I was surprised at how easy the kerbing came out, although mine was only light.

If you're going to do them, take off the weights first, otherwise when you get new tyres fitted they'll take em off and rebalance them and you'll have a different coloured square patch. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Ah well, I know for next time.

I used 1 Acid etch primer (not a full one) it was £11. Then 2 primer, 2 red, 2 black and 4 laquer. They were all about £3, apart from the red which was £5, but you won't be needing that anyway.

I went for cosmos black,

Just doing mine again as my lovely mother kerbed them when she was moving my car.