Locking Wheel bolts

Have you thought about using McGard locking nuts. They are 'supposed' to be the best available. They cost about £25-£30 from halfords, although the little book in halfords lists the wrong part number for the lupo.

There are a few threads about them if you do a quick search.

We have them on both ours cars, and well, we still have wheels, so they are working tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I use McGard myself as the VW set has about 8 different designs (mechanics have a set of all the wheel keys for example) so in theory next door with a VW could unlock your alloys wheel lock......I was amazed by this when I found out after working at VW HQ and changed them

Wow, I love this place, Thanks for all your replies. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hi Joe, Mike, No I have'nt seen those, I'll have a look at them now. They sound great.

Cheers LupoGTIboy for the original number.

As usual much more helpfull than my local stealer.

Ill look at my packet tonight mate if thats a help

should be home at 6ish. Ill set a reminder on my phone tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Ok got the Box

The ones you want are 28028 SU

they are M12 x 1.5 bolts.

happy wheel securing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I don't think there is a wheel bolt on the market that is good enough to be totally secure. Its all about making the scumbags spend that extra 5minutes undoing them, in which time they will hopefully be seen by someone.

i have 2 sets of locking wheelbolts on my car, due to the fact that the alloys were stolen about a week prior to me buying the car from work! anything to slow those fúckers down!