Radio / CD question

cardaft

My Tdi didnt come with a cd player only a radio cassette. I was just wondering if the VW single slot cd player (beta?) that fits under it will work with it, not sure of the name though, heres a pic:

P1010470.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Amd i didnt get any pin / key things to remove it either so what type do i need and where can i get them?

Thanks, Chris

Edited by cardaft

My Tdi didnt come with a cd player only a radio cassette. I was just wondering if the VW single slot cd player (beta?) that fits under it will work with it, not sure of the name though, heres a pic:

Amd i didnt get any pin / key things to remove it either so what type do i need and where can i get them?

Thanks, Chris

Not sure about compatibility of your headunit but radio removal keys

/pins are on EBay. Hope this helps a bit at least.

SEAT also sell a single head CD unit to fit under that tape HU. So I'd imagine the VW one would fit.

Think I said before but I bought a SEAT Alana CD Head unit and has matching display colour and it left me that huge storeage space underneath!

cup_holder_500.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Only thing I can fault is that at night tiime the LCD display is slightly past the best viewing angle so the writing is a bit dim, but my dash is always as dim as the driver possible.

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Not sure about compatibility of your headunit but radio removal keys

/pins are on EBay. Hope this helps a bit at least.

Thanks, ive had a look, any idea what style they are, theres a few cup_holder_500.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Only thing I can fault is that at night tiime the LCD display is slightly past the best viewing angle so the writing is a bit dim, but my dash is always as dim as the driver possible.

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

your unit doesnt have gamma on it so i;'mm not sure it would. be the same i dont know.

as for the removal keys thanks to another thread tip on here you can just use an old bank card or sim holding card as i used and just cut 2 strips that fit the slots, push them in and the unit comes out. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

SEAT single cd head... to connect ot your standard tape deck.

1. Alana on eBay £75

2. not so good cond. bids...

5 minute swap and sound OK.

Ray

Thanks for that biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , i like the Seat one that fits under the original and the radio in that pic is the one i have so it will work.

The alanas on ebay dont come with the cage thing, although it might fit in the one in it now?

Chris

Thanks for that biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , i like the Seat one that fits under the original and the radio in that pic is the one i have so it will work.

The alanas on ebay dont come with the cage thing, although it might fit in the one in it now?

Chris

Yes, mine never came with a cage. Fitted straight into the dash. It literally took me 2 min's

As far as I'm aware you'll only get a cage with third party model to cover all 'holes'!

Ray

Yes, mine never came with a cage. Fitted straight into the dash. It literally took me 2 min's

As far as I'm aware you'll only get a cage with third party model to cover all 'holes'!

Ray

Right thanks, thats good to know, got my eye on a few on ebay and also ive seen a Blaupunkt cd player at halfords, i dont usually go for aftermarket ones but it looks like it would suit the arosa no flashing lights lol, and the screen and buttons light up red the same as the dash dials etc. So i might go for that, its also free fitting smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but i might hold out for a seat one

Chris

Right i think im going to go for the under radio type, as i rarely use the cupholders and they dont work too well on that either.

So ive found one, it says its compatable with gamma radios but im not sure what mine is.

Suppose i would need to ask at the stealer wont I.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Dealer can give you the code (for a fee) i've been told. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Si.

Ok thanks, ill ask at my local dealer next week biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I assume you want to connect a VW cd player to your SEAT cassette?

The VW radio cassettes have 'convenience radio coding'. You don't need the code if you are reconnecting the radio to the car it originally came from. After reconnecting, turn on the ignition, and then turn on the radio, and 'LEARN' appreas in the display. It compares its code to the code stored in the car, and then it works as nornal.

I have no idea if the SEAT ones have the same function.

But anyway, surely you could pull out the cassette and connect the cd player without removing the power connector?

I assume you want to connect a VW cd player to your SEAT cassette?

The VW radio cassettes have 'convenience radio coding'. You don't need the code if you are reconnecting the radio to the car it originally came from. After reconnecting, turn on the ignition, and then turn on the radio, and 'LEARN' appreas in the display. It compares its code to the code stored in the car, and then it works as nornal.

I have no idea if the SEAT ones have the same function.

But anyway, surely you could pull out the cassette and connect the cd player without removing the power connector?

Thanks, yeah i have noticed the learn thing on it, so if i unpluged the radio from the mainss it will just reprogram itself back into the car without the code, is that right?

Im not sure, i need to pull the radio right out i would think to get the cupholders out, which i have no idea how to do.

Thanks again, Chris

Thanks, yeah i have noticed the learn thing on it, so if i unpluged the radio from the mainss it will just reprogram itself back into the car without the code, is that right?

Im not sure, i need to pull the radio right out i would think to get the cupholders out, which i have no idea how to do.

Thanks again, Chris

Yeah the radio will reprogram itself back with the car, as long as you have the ignition on. If the cupholders are fixed in the same way as the VW tray, then you just need to give them a really big pull.

Yeah the radio will reprogram itself back with the car, as long as you have the ignition on. If the cupholders are fixed in the same way as the VW tray, then you just need to give them a really big pull.

Oh right thats good to know then thanks. Ive tried pulling the tray but it didnt move, ill have to try harder laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ive got a new vw cd player off ebay so hopefully it will be compatable with my type of radio, the seller said it should, if not ill just stick it back on ebay and think again lol. So ill give it a try when it arrives, thanks for the info biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Chris

Oh right thats good to know then thanks. Ive tried pulling the tray but it didnt move, ill have to try harder laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ive got a new vw cd player off ebay so hopefully it will be compatable with my type of radio, the seller said it should, if not ill just stick it back on ebay and think again lol. So ill give it a try when it arrives, thanks for the info biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Chris

No problem. I'm in Boro so not that far away if you need any help.

No problem. I'm in Boro so not that far away if you need any help.

Thanks, might take you up on that if it doesnt go well biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Didnt relise you lived up here, only about 10 miles away then, might see you at some local meets when i go for the first time laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

Chris

How about this then?

North East Kielder "Military Drive" Meet, Sunday 15th October

I'll be passing your way so we could get a convoy going wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

Yeah ill probably be up for that, id have to follow you though lol, dont know exactly where the baltic is blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Well i bought a new vw cd player, which arrived today.

It came with everything and ive just fitted it. Had it done in about 10 mins the longest part was sorting the wires out so that i could push the radio back in the dash, but its in now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looks quite good and ive now got a cd player shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

only it says Volkswagen on it and my radio says Seat, but never mind wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just one question to people with this sort of additional cd player, does the cd in and cd player light (u know the dot and the line of red light) stay on all of the time even though your listening to the radio?

But everything works fine and the lights come on with the car lights so im happy with it now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .

Chris

How about this then?

North East Kielder "Military Drive" Meet, Sunday 15th October

I'll be passing your way so we could get a convoy going wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

So let me know what your doing and ill follow you up if i go to the meet smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Any pics of this matey? Thinking about doing the same in my Arosa. Worried about the look though - especially the back lighting - is it the same tone of red? Any night time shots?

Cheers smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />