TSW Cult alloys

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Still keep getting the urge to change me Kahns for a fresh wheel design.

I am not normally a fan of TSW but these new wheels look pretty nice, a little like the new Focus ST wheels.

http://www.tsw.co.za/news.asp

I also like Brabus wheels (monoblock IV) but they are 7.5 x 17 which is too wide really.

http://www.wheelexperts.com/wheels/brabus/line.html

Hmmm, bit of a difficult one to call. I think the Lupo may be a little bit too rounded to pull of a wheel like that, do you have a pic of the car? I could photoshop it for you & then you can be the judge wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Are you staying with 17"? ever thought if goin down to say a 15"/16". You could go more euro then tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />. Plus wouldn't you gain a bit of acceleration with the lower rolling radius?

I quite fancy changing to 16's and maybe a lighter wheel to reduce unsprung weight. Thing is, 16's may look lost in the arches as currently my 17's fill them out nicely.

I am a little reluctant to fit TSW wheels but if the quality is there then its only a badge really and I am not a badge snob (well I am a little). I do like those TSW in the previous post, they do a polished front version too...quite like some Audi wheels too).

5 stud is a problem but not serious as I will just get 5 stud adapters and then adjust the wheel offset I buy. If I buy a 5 spoke wheel with stud heads showing then I will go 5 stud hubs too or it will look odd.

The only thing with those TSW monobloc wheels is i think you can only get them in 18s. What about DZ Exclusivs mate? It is a lovely 16 inch wheel, i have always liked them, but i fancy 15s for mine.

Edited by Adam

Are Brabus rims the same 5x112 PCD as the stock Merc rims? If they are, you won't get a 4x100 to 5x112 hub adaptor. You'll need 5x100 hubs, and then adaptors... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

TSW rims look okay to me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Are Brabus rims the same 5x112 PCD as the stock Merc rims? If they are, you won't get a 4x100 to 5x112 hub adaptor. You'll need 5x100 hubs, and then adaptors...

Yes I think they are 5x112mm PCD. I initially decided I could live with adapters but then convinced myself that I couldnt. The spacer / adapter plate, extra wheels bolts are all extra weight and more parts to hang from the hubs.

I have searched long and hard for some replica Brabus wheels (maybe for guys with older Mercs to use) but most Mercs seem to have been 5 stud for ages now so all wheels for them are 5 stud.

So staying with the 4 stud hubs and still searching. Keep going to MO's (silver I think though) or maybe Speedline Turini (hard to clean). They do RS4 and S3 copies in 16's now too but the S3's look a little too much of a bad copy.

*dreaming for last 4 years* Why dont they do a Bathurst copy in 16s? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Tom...my new line of thought is your fault mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Keep going to MO's (silver I think though)

Have kept on this idea but thinking Azev A's. There was a yellow S3 (has brown baseball leather and leather engine bay now with S8 wheels) used to run Azev C's and they suited it loads. Only thing with the Azev C's is they say "aluminium" on a spoke and it looks 'gay'. The older style A is not quite as nice as the C but the A does not have the spoke lettering which is good.