Calling all chipped TDI owners!

g-man85

I'm sorry, I dont belive a standar engine chipped 1.4 TDI could get past 60mph any quicker than 9 seconds.

Even if driven off the edge of a cliff? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I a word:

HEATSOAK

Have you seen the tiny little intercooler behind the dirvers side front wheel.

I assumed this was an oil cooler, as it has tiny pipes running to it (under drivers footwell).

The turbo inter cooler is next to the radiator drivers side.

Am I wrong?

The 100+ bhp Arosa TDI at Pod got its ass well and trruly kicked by a stock standard Sport.

I'm sorry, I dont belive a standar engine chipped 1.4 TDI could get past 60mph any quicker than 9 seconds.

Nothing.

It wasn't Carter who was spouting off about being faster than a GTI.

I'm sure Carter will remember the chaps name though.

Im at work, so dont have the time to look for the threads on it.

I will find them tonight and post the correct figures though.

Did he have so much torque it ripped his seat off the mounting biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Christ looks like somebody hit a nerve...

Why is their so much negativity about tdi's

if you dont like diesels then stay the feck out of the threads in relation.

Thanks for trying to bring the thread back to its original topic nfbr-TDI's.

Guys, I purchased a TDI for a balance of performance/economy. This thread I started is asking other TDI owners on how they relate driving their car, as there is such little information/knowledge on these TDI engines.

Forum members like nfbr and Max96vk have been really helpful in trying to solve the problem with my car, as TDI owners are rare within forums.

For example, my car is still at the mechanics as Eurocarparts are still failing to get the correct parts for the 3rd day running. If i hadn't found the help of the other members, i wouldn't had realised I have to ask for another part. And its hard for me to judge if my car is performing on par with other chipped owners.

The problem is tdis are getting too good and have great value tuning potential. Us valvers have to kick you down any way we can. Only kidding by the way.

Seems as if this thread has turned into the great petrol vs diesel who is the best'ist dabate. When you get to see hans (or any other tdi) in action, you are far from negative. In everyday use I expect the tdi to have more useable power, in my 16v if I drop of the power I am forever changing down.

I dont why am writing this, because its way off the title confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Good luck with sorting out you car.

Thanks! To me a diesel will never replace a petrol for performance in my heart. I used to hate diesels from the day i learnt to drive one. Howevr I love my TDI, as diesels have come a long way and mainly because i've never had so much change before from the gas station and road tax. I don't expect it to outrun a petrol, it simply can't do that. It has a great amount of useable performance too that doesn't require me to rag every bit of the car.

But for me, sitting on a motorway doing 40miles a day, a TDI is the sensible option.

I'm hoping to keep the TDI for a few years and maybe get something a little more raw like back to a MK2 Golf GTI.

Cant beat £50 a year tax & sh*t hot fuel economy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I used to hate diesels with a passion too, unfortunately I was still slightly blinded to them (a side effect of driving 1.8d Fiesta couriers all day sick.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sick:" border="0" alt="sick.gif" /> ) during that time I had a friend that pestered me for 4 years about how good his MK2 Golf diesel was. Personally I though it was a piece of sh*t but he proved me wrong when he took it down the strip at GTI International one year & embarrased a few motors. Things have now come a long way since even the diesels of 5 years ago but the majority will always be faithful to petrol engines (a bit like DJ's & vinyl vs CD's). Eventually like with all things the driving comunity will evolve & diesels will become the more 'acceptable' option, by then though we'll probably be looking at replacing all vehicles with some hydro-renewable energy cr*p wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The 100+ bhp Arosa TDI at Pod got its ass well and trruly kicked by a stock standard Sport.

Nothing.

It wasn't Carter who was spouting off about being faster than a GTI.

I'm sure Carter will remember the chaps name though.

Im at work, so dont have the time to look for the threads on it.

I will find them tonight and post the correct figures though.

his name was gav.

end of the day GTI's and 16v do what there were meant to do and thats go fast, TDi do what there are meant to do and thats miles economicaly.

TDi do what there are meant to do and thats miles economicaly.

Exactly!

I'm not against diesels.

I think they are great for going to and from work.

And don't get me wrong, they can be quick, but a stock engine 1.4TD owner doing a 8 second 0-60 isn't happening.

Its not geared for it for a start.

Its the term TDI Sport that bothers me.

a stock engine 1.4TD owner doing a 8 second 0-60 isn't happening

Agreed, that is just utter poo!

If having the 'Sport' interior allows me to feel like I've a slice of something a little racey I'll take it, God know the standard engine & suspension aren't gonna do it! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by Max69vk

As standard yes, it is a little misleading cos its not really a sporty car, with a 0-60 of 12 or 11 seconds.

but believe me mine feels sporty enough to drive

and its perfectly livable on the daily commute of 60 miles too!

mine has all the power i could ever wish for on the twisty roads and i absolutely love it.

I'm not saying its as fast as a gti, but i'm sure i could keep up with a gti on my local twisties, AND change gear far less often!

As an update, the car has been checked out with the MAF replaced. However even they have driven the car and said it feels like its limping in the higher revs, so hopefully I can get the car re-mapped to sort any software issues out.

Hopefully will get my car back tonight!

Christ looks like somebody hit a nerve...

Why is their so much negativity about tdi's

if you dont like diesels then stay the feck out of the threads in relation.

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No one is saying they dont like diesels, we (or is it just me?!) just want some proof of these 0-60 claims. I dont think anyone is being negative about TDi's.

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No one is saying they dont like diesels, we (or is it just me?!) just want some proof of these 0-60 claims. I dont think anyone is being negative about TDi's.

I would like some evidence too as I know i've never got anywhere near 8secs for 0-60mph in mine, but mine is running a bit iffy confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Right can the person on this forum who has told people their car does 0-60 in 8 seconds please step forward, or could someone quote his post? As i've not seen ONE PERSON say their car will do 0-60 in 8 seconds on this forum

Someone called Sheepy on Seatenthusiasts.com used to have 119hp from his TDI Arosa and accurately timed at 7.9secs and does a 16.4 1/4 mile. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Agreed, wheres the proof?

But. This is only "Seat forum hear'say"

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> All this banter really does make me chortle!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

whats a chortle ? is that one of those cakes made from raisins and pastry?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Agreed, wheres the proof?

But. This is only "Seat forum hear'say"

Apparently in a thread he was trying to chase up the current owner as he found the timing slips but i've never seen them, so yes i went on hear'say if i'm honest blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

whats a chortle ? is that one of those cakes made from raisins and pastry?

Chortle v.& n. v.intr. chuckle gleefully. n. a gleeful chuckle.