Spark plugs

Just a quick question, i think the spark plugs need changing in my car as its started to make a pinking noise when the engine is under strain, just wondering whats the recommended change milage / years?

Mines a 2003 1.0 with 33,500 btw, should it have been done, or will it need doing?

Cheers, Chris

Edited by cardaft

probably only about £7 for 4 plugs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> change em whenever u feel like it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if its pinking under load i suggest using optimax or a higher octane content fuel. fill the tank and take it for a blast and it'll get rid of the "pinking" noise. check ur plugs anyways smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i was told the 1 litre lupo had platinum plugs. not sure about the difference but they cost about 9 quid a plug lol

Edited by john

if its pinking under load i suggest using optimax or a higher octane content fuel. fill the tank and take it for a blast and it'll get rid of the "pinking" noise. check ur plugs anyways smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i was told the 1 litre lupo had platinum plugs. not sure about the difference but they cost about 9 quid a plug lol

Oh right, i think ill try using shell optimax next time then, there not costly are they so i think i might aswel change them anyway.

Mine got changed at the four year service and mines a 1.0e

Oh right, they must be long life plugs are they? mines only 3 so its not quite there yet, ill probably change them anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cardaft, have you noticed the Group buy Motorserv is runningon SCC for NGK spark plugs? He says he should be able to get one for our baby Arosas smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cardaft, have you noticed the Group buy Motorserv is runningon SCC for NGK spark plugs? He says he should be able to get one for our baby Arosas smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No i havent, thanks for telling me but i think ill just get some from the dealer, when i get round to changing them wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hopefully this weekend.