Scott Mills

IDGM

Right, this really gets on my man-boobs. That inadequate boy on Radio One, Scott Mills, is doing my head in with his favourite alternative for the word 'from'. The phrase in question is 'off of'. I wouldn't mind, but he's picked it up from somewhere.

Examples...

Louise off of Southampton rang in...

You need one of those things off of the 70's... (he was talking about a 35mm film canister as it turned out)

blah blah (insert latest evictee's name) off of Big Brother...

He does it all the bl**dy time. It's even more difficult to say. I'm seriously thinking of putting carrot top Evans on instead. That's drastic action.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Thats how I talk, as I come off of this area tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I love Scott Mills - although Chappas bugs the crap out of me

mills_pic.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Quite, although there's something laddish about him, I do find him a little strange somehow. Anyway, when I was going home off of work yesterday, I got the multichanger on the go and spared myself the spray tanned, is he, isn't he, Chappers loving fool.

Is he off of the same mould as JK & (put them on when everyones in bed) Joel?

Edited by IDGM

mills_pic.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Quite, although there's something laddish about him, I do find him a little strange somehow. Anyway, when I was going home off of work yesterday, I got the multichanger on the go and spared myself the spray tanned, is he, isn't he, Chappers loving fool.

Is he off of the same mould as JK & (put them on when everyones in bed) Joel?

Scott Mills did used to do that slot years back. I think he's far better than that moron Moyles. JK & Joel just annoy the ***** out of me - Chuckle brothers anyone??

The best DJ's Radio 1 ever had were Mark & Lard without a doubt. When Moyles & co used to do the 4-7am slot they used to be hilarious, I just don't know whats happened to them.

The best DJ's Radio 1 ever had were Mark & Lard without a doubt.

Agreed, I stopped listening to Radio1 when they left.

I had to shut my office door that day, I had a bit of a cry! Mark Radcliffe is good on Radio 2 now, reminiscent of his old Radio 1 show at night.

Edited by IDGM

You old man, It's the best thing that happened to Radio 1 when they left - "Whoooo" and all that cr&p, I'm not a fan of Scott Mills but in comparison he's the most innovative DJ in the world!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Thats how I talk, as I come off of this area tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Was thinking that myself, i say off of quite a lot!

Me too, only used to listen to moyles on the drive into work but now i work from home i don't even do that. Mark and Lard did seem to be getting a bit bored before they quit though.

On the subject of Scott Mills, the guy seems like a total tosser.

I'm not a fan of Scott Mills but in comparison he's the most innovative DJ in the world!

Nah, that title must surely go to Steve Wright when he was on Radio 1 in the 80's. Who can forget Sid The Manager, Gervais, Llama Man etc. It's another true story (!), but Our local BBC weather girl Diane Oxberry used to be in his 'posse'. I even think he (or a posse-ette) was behind the rave track with the Roobarb & Custard theme in it.

The trouble is, Steve Wright still thinks it's 1989...

BRING BACK THE HAIRY CORNFLAKE

Edited by IDGM

True, but a lot of people seem to be posting the same here! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Club Lupo is growing old gracefully.

Most of radio one is balls! I ocassionally listen to stuff on a Friday evening when there are some good dancy tunes on, but any of the day time stuff is rubbish with the exception of Colin and Edith IMO. Colin totally takes the p1ss out of himself constantly, and Edith is just funny tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I can't stand Jo (spell you're name properly you silly woman) Wiley more than I can't stand Scot Mills. She's just so up herself and name drops constantly. Mills reminds me of a 12yr old ASBO child though.

If you're going to complain about people not talking correctly on R1, have a listen to Zane Low. He get's people to ring in and say they're listening so he can then recite:

'We've got John in Nottingham ON BOARD'

'Zoe from Birmingham is ON BOARD'

'Dave in London is WITH US'

FFS!

If you're going to complain about people not talking correctly on R1, have a listen to Zane Low. He get's people to ring in and say they're listening so he can then recite:

'We've got John in Nottingham ON BOARD'

'Zoe from Birmingham is ON BOARD'

'Dave in London is WITH US'

FFS!

Has he single handedly re-launched (no pun intended) Radio Caroline?

I don't listen to Radio One other than the commute, although I am preferring Old Tel on 2 in the morning (when he's there) and reaquainting myself with CDs I've not played in years. Having said that, with their Channel 5 football and Comet advert voice over commitments, Colin and Edith don't do bad for days off do they.