Cup holder swap?

I've read somewhere that you can swap the cup holder and Coin tray around. It's a pain up the bum having the drink right next to the indicator, i'm always sending cans of coke flying when signalling.

How's it done if at all?

cheers

Si

I've got CD player ones i think. Wanna swap them left to right smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cheers Mike wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I took a cup holder out and put a coin tray in:

comp3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Then put the cup holder front plate on the tray to make it a hidden compartment

ph34r.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Snoops don't suppose you or anyone else has the part number for the entire cup holder (as in your attachment). In my Arosa I have a creditcard holder under my radio which is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. The fittings look kinda similar so may see if I can get hold of one and fit it in its place.

Ta in advance cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Mark

Might have one in the garage mate is interested.........will have a look tomorrow as have the match to watch tonight smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh, I love you long time' if you have one. It's the one that screws underneath and not the one that fits into the radio slot is it, as I already havs one of those in my garage. Let me know if you have it and I'll buy it off you bud. Ta Mike.

Mark

.........as in this whole unit

cointray11.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Yeah, that's the cookie. Name your price matey, so long as you can find it bud. If your garage is owt like mine it would take me ages. Cheers

Mark

Will find it tomorrow or on Saturday for you mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sure it is in there somewhere as selling a lot of stuff at the moment to get the tyre funds up smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah cheers for that Mike, no hurry bud. You can see from my photo where my card holder is, I'm hoping it will fit in its place.

Mark

Edited by ArosaPD

If there are two screws holding it in place then it should fit no problem.

There are 4 actually,but I have a feeling that the rear two are redundant Mike. I'm an engineer by trade, so I'm sure I can make it fit one way or another. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

...my Mum used to say if you don't ask you don't get.

I've been thinking of one of these for a while, but didn't ask...

...second place gets no medal!

So anymore of these lying in people's garages?

ArosaPD: he love you long time... Silver! love you better!

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

PMSL!!

Might be able to get another if a mate still has his one after doing a dash conversion in a Polo GTI

Cheers! Many thank yous!

S!

Mines not like the pics above! Where the cup holder is on yours my rear screen heater and hazard button is. haven't managed to get further than getting that lump off and i'm still throwing coke over the car.,.

Cheeers!!

TBH until I saw this thread I didn't even know that there was a cup holder that bolted underneath.

I can't remember who, but someone had one at St Andrews last Sat and I've seen them elswhere, maybe a pic of a Polo interior?

OLW... was it you?

S!

• 2 weeks later...

Ray, its a perfect fit. I just trimmed a little off the plastic dash (about 1", all hidden). All holes are as they should be and match up fine, here is a piccie of it fitted. All I have to do now is change the cup holder nearest the driver into one of them trays/coin holder thingys IMG_7306sm.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

• 3 weeks later...