Suspension or Coilovers

A9XSJ

Setup  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok my Lupo is really twitchy & it need to be sorted blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

So not sure what to go always been impressed with Konis (Adj Dampness)

Looking for a good smooth ride Good Corning wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> the car will be running on 15's

one of the other scottish guys matt ( RS2Quatro on here ) is looking to sell his coilovers , the KW's , there only 3months old and they are the ones that stand up to corrosion really well , just what you need with scottish roads and the amount of salt thats put on them wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

ive fk highsports on mine mate, paid £390 inc del for them...

Where from?! Was this before Venom put their prices up? Cheapest place I can find is £470, which is still Venom.

£390?! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> At that price I'd be well interested in where you got them from too!

fk konigsport adjustable coils flawless ride!

Couldnt see his name in the members list confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Couldnt see his name in the members list confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

name? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> lol i was recommending them i cant fault mine but they'll cost you more now mine were only 525

RENNSPORT's highsports are 540 sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> thought that was for the konigs for a second Ooops!

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

Decided To go For The Koni's

Cant be arsed with the car being too low lots of speed bumps about round here

Good choice thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

For everyday road driving a good quality suspension kit (H&R, Koni, Eibach etc) will be much nicer. Coilovers are more trouble than they are worth for everyday use unless you do alot of track driving.

May I ask why coilovers are more trouble than they are worth as I dont want people to be put off coilovers without a level hearing.

I have had mine on for 50,000 miles now (3 years) with the only thing that was "trouble" was replacing the front damper inserts but that is actually not really any different to replacing dampers like you would with conventional springs and dampers.

What if you buy some springs and they sit too high or too low...you are stuck with that height. If you buy coilovers you can set the height exactly as you want it...and even reset it once the springs have settled after the first few hundred miles.