Pub vs Mosque

Ty

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Crusoe here.

Without seeing the letter to show they have said its because its racist I don't believe it.

Offence yes, racist Id be surprised if they'd use that word.

If indeed some obscure planning regulation exists that says thou shalt not paint ones own national flag on a pub. Perhaps it could be projected ala union jack on buck palace in the jubilee celebrations.

Given the democratic society we live in blah blah, if the planning department say it has to be painted over (which it is going to be anyway) so you are complying with their request. There is also the right to appeal their decision. Given the time involved in obtaing a response, the w/cup is likely to have been and gone.

I think it is the home office that deals with such appeals.

Jayson playing by the rules

Edited by Ardent

Now not that I'm proud of this, but some of my Dads friends still remember going Paki bashing in thier youth.

Back then, it was all the rage. Now its culturally unacceptable. Times change, but the only thing thats really changed is that people are now treated somewhat equally, and there is too much over-emphasis on Political Correctness.

This week I have been forced to work with three pakistani work experience kids. To set the record straight, I have the patience of a saint, unless i'm really provoked. I have done my best all week to be as helpfull and polite to them as possible, in an effort to give them a feeling of what work is really about. Ie team work, individual work, customer service, technical knowledge, store standards and selling your sole.. I've taken sh*t off them all week, and they have treated me like I don't exist. So despite my efforts and multiple bollockings off our manage team they were being cheeky little kids till dinner time when one of them said "Work!, Work!, come on, Work! Whitey!". This was when I saw red!

I'm currently doing management training, which allows me to have a bit more power over the shop floor staff, and more importantly the W/E kids. I called them into the office, shut the door and ripped shreds off them till the one of them nearly cried! Then some more, and proceeded to phone thier school to get thier tutor in for a visit on Monday, for them to really feel the heat. Ever since they have been fantastic, not great, but under control.

I havn't raised my voice to them all week, or been even a hint racist. I treated them with respect. But they think its acceptable to be racist to me! in my workplace. If I had been racist to them i'd have been fired for Gross Misconduct on the spot, as we have zero tollerance to it. It just shows how things really are these days.

Reguarding the pub, if they have to paint over the Saint Georges Cross, thats really pathetic! We tolerate people of other culture coming into our country and building places of worship, so at the least, they should be able to tollerate our flags for a good sporting event!

Just claim its the undercoat and you are waiting for the painters to come back and finish it off wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Wait till they are in all the mosque praying and burn the f**ker down !!! Flag will be the least of their worries then biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Make my blood boil. I'd like to think I'm not rascist, but this sort of thing makes me really angry.

It might be a bit tasteless, but to start saying it's rascist is ridiculous.

The problem with this country is that political correctness has overtaken common sense to the point where if someone mentions rascism loads of numpties start flapping.

A flag of St George is NOT rascist.

Edited by BigMon

Your screwed mate this country gone mad, even 4 years ago on last world cup dad stuck a flag in our garden and police came round after about 3 days one evening and told him to take it down or he would be fined. I need to emigrate to somewhere more British than Britian

I was thrown out of bussiness studies on tuesday at colege, as i was amazed that kids are no longer allowed to say bar abr black sheep and have to call it bar bar rainbow sheep, i said thats taking the piss and got thrown out for being racist ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Also hot cross buns were trying to be called Sweet buns, but this hasnt been pased yet

Edited by Bikerz

I treated them with respect. But they think its acceptable to be racist to me! in my workplace.

Its not racist though is it... Its never seen as racist when its against a white-brittish person...

I work at asda in car park if we give a car a ticket and owner is black he comes back and calls us racist, when how did we know that the driver of the car was black (tho is obvious with most of them)

Thought this might spark abit of a debate! Its not racist nor there to make anyone feel uncomfortable its just abit of fun for the WC the letter most definetly refered to racism in some form or another, I've asked if I could post the letter but Ive been told its not "appraopiate to do so at this time".

Whatever the mosque feel asking us to remove it is total bull crap wether its racism or whatever it is they dislike about it!

Edited by Ty

Seems like a few people on here have the" I'm Not Racist, I have black friends" syndrome.

When you see comments about get back on the boat etc... thats not racist is it? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Obviously Flags are deemed racist when organisations like the BNP use them as a symbol. The thing is not many people are true english not even the queen.

Edited by tshirt2k

Seems like a few people on here have the" I'm Not Rasict, I have black friends" syndrome.

When you see comments about get back on the boat etc... thats not racist is it?

Yes, you've definitely got a point there.

Obviously Flags are deemed racist when organisations like the BNP use them as a symbol. The thing is not many people are true english not even the queen.

The flag of St George is NOT racist!! It's only deemed to be that way because it's been hijacked by idiots like football hooligans and the BNP.

And the reason it's been hijacked is we all seem to be embarrassed to celebrate St George. The Irish go crackers for St Patricks day, why should we be embarrassed to celebrate St Georges day?

It's about time we reclaimed the flag from the cretins, and stopped being embarrassed about being English. There is nothing racist whatsoever about flying a flag of St George.

Edited by BigMon

Seems like a few people on here have the" I'm Not Racist, I have black friends" syndrome.

When you see comments about get back on the boat etc... thats not racist is it? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Not racist. he didn't say all immigrants had to 'get back on the boat' he was meaning the ones that complain about us being racist for no reason. If they move to England, they have no right to complain about an English flag.

WTF this is bollucks i live in Bradford in a area which i would say i prodomently asian/muslim even that im not, why would someone be offended by a flag?? in bradford theres a pub painted in the bradford city stripes and is practically opposite a hugh mosque no one gives a damn

tbh the BNP do have a lot of good policies.

everyone will probably call me a racist now, but go read their site and i expect u would agree with a lot of what they propose.

the only problem with the BNP is that along with the policies that they publicly propose, there are lots of hidden agendas.

i used to be in the police, and people who use racism as a getout of jail free card really piss me off. whenever we used to stop and search a black person it would be because we were picking on them, even though statistically black people are more likely to have commited street crime than white people.

i hate all this pink and fluffyness. people should grow a spine and stop complaining. if somebody calls me names i would just shrug and not be bothered.

Edited by Adam K

Don't worry about it, me and zippy 'll be down soon painting random Swedish flags all over England, since your on clublupo we'll not even charge you! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Seriously though I dont see how the council can force you to paint over/remove the flag without removing every other one in the country as surely that selective....

Unseriously though C'mon the Council!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gargoil

I reckon the government and councils themselves cause a lot of racism with their overtly PC attitude. For example, when the received the complaint from the Mosque they should've seen sense and chucked it in the bin. By telling the pub to take it down they're causing some of the owners and patrons to feel racist against the people who to go the mosque, thus inciting racial hatred.

The same goes for their attitude towards school holidays and many other policies, I head they were considering changing the name of Easter Holidays to Spring Break or something, however Muslim and Hindu kids are still allowed to take time off for Eid and Diwali. Doesn't make sense to me. I reckon the majority of people are perfectly happy to go about living their daily lives among people of all races, but problems arise when the authorities behave irrationally.

Ty, if you guys do kick it off the with guys at the mosque remember it's not all of them who feel that way - most of the young lads are probably cheering England all the way this summer too.

i get the feeling this debated thread is going to end the same way as my "Christmas is Racist" thread lol

Edited by nfbr