Window Tinting

Dale

Anything from about 20 quid for a do-it-yourself kit from Halfords to around 400 quid for a professional job in a clean room.

I paid 230 quid for all five windows of my GTI from a mobile fitter, and he did a superb job, especially around the 'dots' at the edge of the rear windows, which really shows up a good job from a bad job.

£50 for 5 windows.

Ring up your insurance company and say i've had a chip/crack on my windscreen and it needs replacing. They say sure no prob. You say can i use this company i've used before as i've had major probs in the past and i trust these people to do the work correctly. At this point they will go Yes/No. If they say yes. You ring up the company you already have an agreement with and give them the go ahead. Then all it costs you is £50 excess or whatever your window excess is...

My little tip of the day....

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Neil

i was quoted £180 at a local company. joe had his last car tinted there and they did a great job. even re did the back ones because joe wanted them darker.

I got mine done for £125 on a forum group buy. Theres a guy on UKMIV's who does them if you can get 3 cars together he'll drive to you. providing you can provide an area to work. He's work is good. Lupo's are £160 because of the diffucult fronts

Edited by tshirt2k

I'm going to use Empire Tinting in sunny old Castleton near Rochdale. Apart from the fact he's my cousin, he does a good edge-to-edge job without all the glass out rubbish some tinters do. He did the Mini and Ibiza previously and the work was top notch. Prices aren't the cheapest, but a good job rarely is.

I'm having 50% all round, apart from the windscreen, obviously. And yes, I do know it's illegal to have the front doors done.

He also does signs and graphics. I'm pondering the Lupo roof, any suggestions? If those new Suzuki Swifts can have graphics, so can my Lupo.

Edited by IDGM

I think your insurance company would be a bit confused at why they are tinting all the windows, instead of repairing a chip in ONE window...

Depend what the invoice shows...

Got a corsa sport with dark smoke tints on rear three windows and light smoke windows on front and it cost £175 all in at 'Manchester tints' theyve been on a while from what owner has told me and they are easy to see out of but not in and is a very fine gap from edge on front windows which seems good

wayne

£50 for 5 windows.

Ring up your insurance company and say i've had a chip/crack on my windscreen and it needs replacing. They say sure no prob. You say can i use this company i've used before as i've had major probs in the past and i trust these people to do the work correctly. At this point they will go Yes/No. If they say yes. You ring up the company you already have an agreement with and give them the go ahead. Then all it costs you is £50 excess or whatever your window excess is...

My little tip of the day....

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Neil

And you´ve just invalidated you insurance at the same time, due to 1: Its illegal to tint your front widows to allow less than 75% light in (Arosas/lupos let in 79% standard) and 2: without telling your insurance company that you tinted the windows they dont have to honour any possible claims.

And you´ve just invalidated you insurance at the same time, due to 1: Its illegal to tint your front widows to allow less than 75% light in (Arosas/lupos let in 79% standard) and 2: without telling your insurance company that you tinted the windows they dont have to honour any possible claims.

Your quite right...

#1 But people still get it done if they are so inclined... and along with the legality bit... well none of us are whiter than white.....

#2 You tell them a week or so after the event that you had the windows tinted...

Hey i just explained how its possible to get it done, i've not tinted my windows so i havent gone about it in this way...