Tigz Aprilia RS125 Full Power.

Tigz™

gallery_255_7_45805.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Aprilia1sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Aprilia2sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Aprilia3sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Aprilia4sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Aprilia5sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Aprilia6sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Aprilia7sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Looking lovely Andi, and you've got those pictures just right.

Am planning on doing some proper ones of mine soon, especially as you're putting me to shame!!

How much power would it have if you rode on L's and had just a CBT?

33bhp just like I do wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Seriously though, it should be restriced to 12bhp.

I think the fgures are, you have 40-45% the power of what is possable,

It will do 80mph rather than 95mph.

On some bikes its easy, it is just restriced on the powervalve with a plate, so once removed, the powervalve can open, allowing the exhaust gases to be released.

You then have a little ECU under the seat.

My bike came like this from the factory, without the plate over the powervalve.

On other bikes, there is no powervalve at all.

Just a plate, and no ECU.

A kit costs no more than £200, although Ive seen them on ebay for £100, although these are non Aprilia parts.

Thanks for the comments guys.

looking sweet me old fruit - love the smell of 2 stroke! never ceases to amaze me what an artistic eye you have for a yorkshire man..... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thanks mate.

Loving having something to take pics of again, been a while now!

Love the smell of it as well, also love fuming the whole office, while it warms up before I go home biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You can post details of your car, post pictures and so forth

Try and keep the pictures to a decent size so its at least slightly possible for `dial-up` users to view them without having to wait ages for them to load. 100k per pic maximum, but aim for 50k.

Any stupidly sized pictures will be removed.

ONE Thread per car, please - don't post pics of your car in someone elses thread/topic. Do feel free to comment, however.

No cut of time for the topics, so you can come back whenever you want to update your car/details.

Thanks all Enjoy!

Thanks to the pair of you with the sensable comments wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Tigz

You cant really map the ECU.

TBH its not really a map, it just contrls when to pull the cable.

You can adapt the ECU to de ristric it though although the last kid to try it on the Aprilia forum has broke it lol

Re jet is a must with a race can though.

• 6 months later...

nice bike mate! never been a biker fan to be honest tho, but that is a damn cool bike!

Yes mate.

My only mode of transport at the minute!

Thanks for the comments, Im rather pleased with a couple of the pics.

you broken the polo too? you should be kept away from cars!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Your joking?

lol its a small world

Hows he finding the new bike?

one of my m8s told me about the site hes got a lupo gti and i wont to get a sport so i came on here lookin at the pics and seen that and i was like woo thats phils old bike lol when he blow it up i rebuilt it for him and i done a bit of work on it he really looked after it he gutted with his new bike he said he would have that bike back any day he was an about gettin a 06 rs but hes not sure

Its a mint bike.

I had an accident on it though, some one pulled out of a parking space and hit me side on.

Then shortly afterwards the engine seized, so its been fully rebuilt again lol

I felt for the guy when I rode off on it.

You could see he was heart broken.

Coolest bike in the world biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Are you gonna ride it through winter?

I rode it through last winter, but no I have the Polo, and Emma and I are working the same shift in the same building?

DSC00029.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

piston.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

barrel.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• 3 months later...

Bit of an update.

As I said last year (lol) the engine seized when I came home from le mans.

It turned out to be terminal so a full bottom end up rebuild was needed.

My mum is selling her house and shes been nagging at me to go down and get it out of her garage.

Spent the last two nights down there, had to rebuild the rear shock absorbers with bits salvaged from each of the replacements its had in its life time.

Got the engine in and running, fitted new fuel and brake hoses as they had gone solid!

The plan was to sell it and buy the 4 stroker KX250 Ive got my eye on.

Once it was running and I got back from road test I was smiling from ear to ear, forgot how much I loved this bike.

I know if I keep it long enough to run in, just for one last power band hit before it goes it'll be the next rebuild when I want to sell it again lol

Wonder where else I could find £2k.....

sod the 4 stoke 250 stick with the dirty 2 stroke laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the aprilia is a grin machine keep it you know it makes sense wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />