help - anybody know what might be up

hi,

ive got a problem with my car, its a lupo sport and its falied its MOT on all emmissions, the garage i took it to said it was a fault with the lamda sensor, so i took it today to have it replaced, they replaced it and it failed again, so they ran a diagnotics check on it, and it showed no fault. i took my car to vw for a service 3 weeks ago which was reading no fault.

The garage thought it could be the cat but they said that you wouldnt get a certain reading failing if the cat had gone.

So does anybody have any idea as to what it might be, i thought maybe the ecu but surly that would show up on a diagnostics check.

cheers

james

hi,

ive got a problem with my car, its a lupo sport and its falied its MOT on all emmissions,

that'd be 100hp surely? blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

not an other one sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

daves lupo sport done the exact same thing the other week hes had sensors changed and still doesnt know whats going on , his emissions are at somthing like 10% , i'll tell dave about this thread so the two of you can post about what you have and havent done so if it happends to somebody else they know where to look

what year is the car? pre 2000 do not have a sensor on the cat, or after the cat so you wouldn't know there was a problem.

also means you can decat it without the ecu throwing a fit. not usefull for an mot though.

Edited by Petrified

hey mate my car is doin EXACTLY the same ive had so far the lambda probe changed, tempsensor, the manifold has been off and back on the throttle body cleaned and sprayed with cleaner and iv only just found the problem

ECU be prepared a new one is costly £500 odd from vw shud be gettin my one this week. ill let u know on what happens

I had this problem on my Sport. It passed the MOT last year, but had been putting soot out of the exhaust all year, and using more fuel than it should. All diagnostic checks showed no fault. Failed the MOT this year on all emissions, the garage changed numerous sensors and the throttle bodies and injector rail - no change. Finally they changed the ECU. It passed the MOT happily and now is running wonderfully.

Mine is a year 2000 Sport, with 77K miles.