Alright

Dblock

Agreed. I'm still waiting to get a cool car, and I'm 32!!! Lmao

LOL. No excuse mate. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just one more question are the normal head units in lupos double din or single din?

The Lupo has two Single DIN slots, one would normally take a tape head unit (probably a Beta or a Gamma), with a trinket tray underneath, or a single slot CD player/6 Disc changer. The Lupo will also take double DIN headunits.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...with a trinket tray...

Is that the official VW description?

WANTED: some trinkets for my trinket tray! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

let's be honest here, a saxo westcoast, or 106 quicksilver is a better option for what he wants.

they are insurance group 5, have all the looks of a vtr/vts/gti, and he wouldn't need to mod it to be "down with the kids."

have you tried admiral? theyve always insured me and Joe very cheaply and are very good with mods. i only got charged an extra £26 for coilovers, induction kit and alloys.

when i was doing my gti quote i tried confused.com and the cheapest they came up with was £1200! so i tried admiral and it was £601.50 smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> much better

good luck finding a loop smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I have the vtr is way to expensive for me to get insured on. The 106 quiksilver is 400 more the vtr is 600 more and the pug 106gti is stuupid 4500 where they come up with that.

Cheers il try admiral, might try cis and flux too. I dont wanna be down with the kids with venoms and neons i just want alloys and a sound system. If not il just keep my car stock for the 1st year well 10monts if i get a bonus accelorator.

Might I suggest an 800cc Daewoo Matiz. It came with alloys and an aftermarket sound system as standard.

Cheap insurance too.

Put it this way any car for a new driver (you haven't even passed your test yet) will have horrendous insurance so you are screwed whatever you do.

I have the vtr is way to expensive for me to get insured on. The 106 quiksilver is 400 more the vtr is 600 more and the pug 106gti is stuupid 4500 where they come up with that.

Cheers il try admiral, might try cis and flux too. I dont wanna be down with the kids with venoms and neons i just want alloys and a sound system. If not il just keep my car stock for the 1st year well 10monts if i get a bonus accelorator.

106gti is group 13 and saxo vts is group 14.

and you wonder why you got high quotes for a gti rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

u can get a westcoast for under £2k. just get one, insure it tpft, and drive sensibly.

Edited by Adam K

thumbdown.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbdown:" border="0" alt="thumbdown.gif" />

then it wont be insured properly

No, it won't be insured at all.

Right... apologies in advance for what I suspect will be a rather gargantuan post.

Insurance.

If you do not declare all modifications, you will invalidate your insurance. You might as well not pay for any insurance at all.

Sport/GTI

There is a reason that car insurance is so expensive for new drivers.

Statistically you are more likely to have an accident as a new inexperienced driver, no matter how good a driver you may or may not be.

To me, spending 50% of the cost of the car on insurance is ludicrous. You would be better off doing what the sensible people before me have suggested - get yourself something small & cheap. Insure that for a couple of years & build up your NCB.

For one thing - you don't want to be damaging something that you can't afford to repair, do you?

I would also avoid insuring something third party fire & theft, unless you can afford to repair it or replace it...

I was 19 when I got my first car. It was a 1.4 Renault Clio & I'd been driving 2 years when I got it. It cost me £580 to insure fully comp. Just over a year after I got the car, I had a tyre blow out which caused the car to spin & crash. It wrote my car off. There is absolutely no way I would've been able to afford to replace the car if I had only been insured tpft.

Welcome to the club & make sure you think any decisions through thoroughly. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Also TPFT insurance often isn't much of a saving anyway - there just insn't the competition anymore between companies to keep the prices low, not now most people go for fully comp.

As for a car, insurance for a new driver will ALWAYS be high - so they way I look at it you may as well get something you like (makes it more bearable when you think about the price of the insurance).

When I started driving I got a quote on a Ford Ka, Ford Fiesta, Pug 106 and 206 - all came out as only slightly less than the Arosa, and as I liked the Arosa better I felt more willing to pay the slightly higher premium for a car I actually liked.

Also, you may as well forget mods until you have AT LEAST 1 yrs NCB - I'm (fingers crossed) about to get my first year, and *including* mods my new quotes are less than half my ones this year with the NCB and increased age taken into account.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you do not declare all modifications, you will invalidate your insurance. You might as well not pay for any insurance at all.

Keep up Nicki - I said that on page 2 tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Except that no-one believed me rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Anyway, I think the young chappy has realised that, although not as lardy-da as the Yaris lot, we don't like people being idiots (except for me of course, but my position as CL Idiot is copyrighted!!).

And with all the verbal beating taken on board, I'm sure his time with us will now only be pleasant and enjoyable biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Keep up Nicki - I said that on page 2 tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I was just reiterating to get the point across. Hence the italic-ness of it. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thankyou dear wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No-one believed me anyway, so I'm sure you saying it will have started to get them to take notice!

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I'll get you for that Missy!!!

Lmao. I don't need a room wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Lmao. I don't need a room wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Steve "Streetshagger" wp? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Couldn't possibly comment!! Lol

Actually, no, never in the street wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

trinket.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Part of your personal collection photoraphed for insurance purposes i assume?

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I insured my sport at 17 as my 1st car in my dads name for 12 months, costme £500 F/comp

Then whent in my own name last november for £1295 F/comp

Comparedto what some people seem to pay i dn seem to have got off too bad.