Lupo gti

WADEY

Hello, I have joined this forum for advice. I have been looking for a small fun/frugel car and I test drove a Lupo gti on Monday and am now hooked!! Not the right car for price though, £7495 with 31k and no airconn. Just was wondering about general ownership issues and running costs in real world(mpg). How is the servicing on these as well. I own a Clio 172 mk 2 and the servicing is a joke(great car though). Any comments would be appriciated. Cheers.

I'll make a start mate.

On standard unleaded I get around 180-205 miles on a full tank that costs around £23 to fill.

I think alot of the guys on here use Optimax or similar but milage will vary depending on the weight of your shoes (or missus!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

If you use the search button Im sure someone posted prices on services not too long ago.

Good luck mate.

£23 to fill???? blimey! I get about 32-36 litres in mine (do about 30 miles after light comes on) and it costs around £34 to tank up. On average i get between 250 - 300 miles to a tank (depending on the right foot obviously). I reckon i average anywhere between 30 and 38 mpg. Buy one mate - you won't be disappointed.

Get one there ace! I get about 250 miles out of mine on a full tank and thats usually cost about £34.

haven't had a service yet but will be booking one soon!

one thing that did shockme was the tyre i got a nail in one replaced it with same make etc (Dunlop) at £86!!

I had a a Street Ka (no laughing please) before my GTI and got all 4 tyres for £130!!

Get a GTI though id recomend them to anyone!

one thing that did shockme was the tyre i got a nail in one replaced it with same make etc (Dunlop) at £86!!

And thats fairly good, most high streets charge around £100 a corner. Better to got for the Toyo's at £46 a corner.

Welcome to the forum original poster by the way. Servicing costs for mine since new have been under a £100 for my first 10,000 miles and then around £160 for my second service a year later. Service isn't anything to write home about, has always been acceptable.

Its great on fuel, the small tank being the only slightly annoying feature.

petrol is around 96p a litre - that's optiplop though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Understandable for Optiplop then, I have to go out of my way during the work run if I want to find a Shell or BP, my nearest is Morrisons which gives me a £5 store voucher every couple of months....Which I then sell to my old dear for £5 in crisp notes! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

£23 to fill???? blimey! I get about 32-36 litres in mine (do about 30 miles after light comes on) and it costs around £34 to tank up.

How the feck do you get £34 in the tank confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

The most it has ever cost me to fill up (from vapours only in the tank!) was about £26 - and I always use optimax!

Had my GTi 18 months now had some issues at first with different niggling problems but I love the car to pieces and its great fun makes me smile all the time! I used to use optimax all the time but have started using tesco 99 ron which seems as good and slightly cheaper costs me around 27-28 quid to fill up get around 250 a tank!

i used tesco 99 ron super unleaded and i think the car runs better on it than optimax.

i have had shed loads of cars since i've been driving, and i have to say that the lupo is without a doubt one of my favourites. the novelty of driving it still hasn't worn off mainly because you never see another gti on the road.

Hello, I have joined this forum for advice. I have been looking for a small fun/frugel car and I test drove a Lupo gti on Monday and am now hooked!! Not the right car for price though, £7495 with 31k and no airconn. Just was wondering about general ownership issues and running costs in real world(mpg). How is the servicing on these as well. I own a Clio 172 mk 2 and the servicing is a joke(great car though). Any comments would be appriciated. Cheers.

i guess this is the trade one on autotrader, theres a silver one with leather just gone on for 6k, might be worth a look.

it a 02? with 33000

Edited by jiminy