lupo gti wipers

i've just had another new windscreen on and i think autoglass have put the wipers on the wrong way round as the passenger one nearly goes off the window. should the long one be on the left(passenger) or right(driver) not looking at the front of the car.. lol

Long blade should be on the drivers side. Might have to swap the arms over as well as they're a different shape from what I remember.

i've just had another new windscreen on and i think autoglass have put the wipers on the wrong way round as the passenger one nearly goes off the window. should the long one be on the left(passenger) or right(driver) not looking at the front of the car.. lol

its funny you should say that, as mine were the same when i first got my car!

Does this answer your question ?

Look at where the arms are attached to the wiper motor. The arms should look like the ones labled in the picture below.

(As fitted to my Lupo)

LupoGtiWiperArms.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Checked my blades and both of them are the same size.

On standard Lupo's the longest blade is on the drivers side and the shortest one on the passenger side.

• 1 year later...

I thought i would bring this post back from the dead, instead of me making a new one. Basically i have new wiper blades and i swear they are both the same size, but they have two different part numbers and the bits that attatch to the actual wiper arms are both in different places. So does anybody know which part number is for which side?(lupogtiboy?) I know its a case of just swapping them round, but i think they work the same no matter what side they are on and i was just wondering which side was the correct side? And why they are different?

Thanks in advance!