buy lupo tdi or rewire house

G40chris

cant decide what to do. an electrician has said that i need to rewire the house as some of the wires are old. but been in my new house over a week now and it seems fine to me. no buzzing or crackling, or flashing lights.

got loads of things on at same time and they are working ok.

wants between £1400-2000 for a full rewire

or my misses has said i can use this money towards a lupo tdi and save for a rewire next year

dont know what to do. a lot of fittings are new, just some old, so might et it partly done

Get the mains board upgraded and buy loads of cheapo extensions, a couple of good torches and camping stove...

Buy TDi... got all your life to fix the electr..... fzzzzzzzzz... tzzzzzzzzzzzz... bbbzzzzzzzzzz... ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

well i phoned the electrician and asked him is it safe to live in. he said yeah its fine but recommends a rewire in the next few years. he is going to change the main fuse box and change a few things and said when i get the place rewired in the next few years it will come off the bill.

lupo it is then. yeeeeha biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" /> swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hi mate i am a registered electrician with the nic. make sure that the geezer that does any work on you house is registered. as of jan 2005 all electrical works must be certificated. as the other guy said no good having a new car if your house is no more .get sombody you can trust to check over you wireing .

couple of thinge to check [what type of cable is installed is it pvc \do you have a earth cable on the lights.

are fuses fitted or MCBs an experenced sparks can tell with one look how old the installation is by this method. but really several checks need to be done with test gear best of luck john . wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

cheers john. he is a qualified sparky and a good friend. some of the house seems to be done in the last few years but one room has the old lead wire in with no earth so he is sorting that out for me.

my old man has done every house he has bought himself and is very good at it but he cant with new laws now so i have to look for qualified guys instead. fair enough though. dont want a bum messing with electrics

Listen to the child within... thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

and if the house burns down... well the misses said you could buy the Loop. So it's her fault!!

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Buy the tdi!

Your house has fuses biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> You'll be fine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm a trainee electrician (though I've already got a degree in electrical and electronic engineering) I'd get the house sorted because if you don't sods law will get you. In the mean time tdi prices may fall from the stratosphere down to more reasonable level due to the Fox getting fully released.

Edited by ellingtj