Odd choice I know

tdwindustries

Agreed, go with the S3.

The VX/Elise is a lot to live with - they're fantastic to drive, the the Exige/VXR models are almost supercar-quick for a fraction of the price. But there's a reason you hardly see any on the road, which is that they're simply not practical enough for most people.

Agreed, go with the S3.

The VX/Elise is a lot to live with - they're fantastic to drive, the the Exige/VXR models are almost supercar-quick for a fraction of the price. But there's a reason you hardly see any on the road, which is that they're simply not practical enough for most people.

Were all Lupo an Arosa owners, there not exactly practical laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cars like the VX and say the Lupo GTi are normally 2nd cars or hobby cars smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

S3 is a great car for the money now, go for it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Lupo GTI a hobby car?

I'd be hard-pushed to think of anyone who keeps theirs in the garage for weekends because it's not practical enough to be used every day.

The majority of cars in any major city are of a similar size to the Lupo, maybe a little bigger but barely. They're hardly impractical unless you have a large family.

Not being funny, I just genuinely can't see anyone buying a Lupo GTI as a 'hobby' car. For the money, if you're going to use it on rare occasions, surely there are many more interesting cars you'd buy...

There are many people who buy the VX as a car for sunny weekends, which I disagree with - if you're only going to use it on those occasions buy a Caterham! But that doesn't alter the fact that many people don't use them as an everyday car - a survey about 6 months ago on the VX forum found that something in the region of 70% of owners have another 'primary' car.

Not being funny, I just genuinely can't see anyone buying a Lupo GTI as a 'hobby' car. For the money, if you're going to use it on rare occasions, surely there are many more interesting cars you'd buy...

How about Dubya wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

He has two laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I dont mean it as a weekend car but its a popular 2nd car!

Its a great city car, just go to Rome there every where but they were all 1.0 and 1.4 battered to hell!

Most lupo GTi i see about are spotless and well looked after cars and many with low millage and owned by people who are infusasts or know what a cracking car they have.

I worded the last post wrong, sorry sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I know a car like the VX only come out on sunny days which is a sad thing, what i mean is that from what ive seen there both the kind of cars that are owned and cared for by there owners and are infusasts smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

o Category A:

Scrap only - this vehicle should have been crushed. It should never reappear on the road and there are no economically salvageable parts. It is of value only for scrap metal - e.g. a totally burnt-out vehicle.

o Category B:

The bodyshell should have been crushed. The vehicle should never reappear on the road, but it can be broken for spare parts plus any residual scrap metal.

o Category C:

Vehicle extensively damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. May be repaired and put back on the road. Has to pass an inspection to be re-registered as damaged repaired.

o Category D:

Vehicle damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.

o Category F:

Vehicle damaged by fire and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.

Sounds like someone did a Crusoe on it.

And I thought you were happy with your Celica. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Difficult choice, to echo many other opinions they're so different. It's like comparing chalk with cheese.

S3 is the more practical choice, but I bet the VX would put more of a smile on your face. It's whether or not you'd get brassed off with the lack of luxury.

You can tune the S3, plenty of aftermarket parts out there for them!

tuning it still doesn't stop it being boring to drive.

i had an ibiza cupra 20vt which i fiddled with...

remap

larger turbo intake pipe

cat back exhaust

green dynatwist induction kit

17" superleggeras

etc etc

210bhp with 247ft/lb torque.

it was really really quick, very smooth and easy to drive, munched up motorway miles, and was incredibly practical, but so so boring to drive.

ended up selling it and buying a 260bhp mr2 turbo.

Cat D only a problem if your keeping for a short time. you buy cheap, you sell cheap but your gettting basically the same car for less. Don't be put off by that. As long as its been repaired well.

There is probably cars not registered cat D out there that have had alot worse damage. It's all down to the insurance assessor's judgement.

Also a car can be written off if someone nicks your interior and the exact spec can't be found to replace it.

Interesting .... it is 2 grand less than it should be so i guess thats ok.... trouble is i dont know the history so it could have damaged the chassis...

Anyway, will keep looking.

I have decided on an s2000. I drove a VX, an S3 and a brand new S2000 this morning, almost back to back. No contest. The s2000 is insane and yet normal, its a superb car and I want one NOW!!!

I was let out in the Honda alone, and I havent had so much fun in ages. Driving the S3 gave me a slap for ever considering one... what was I thinking lard ass!

The VX was the most special of the 3 - but I was with a snotty salesman. It felt unique and dangerous, which I like, but everyday, the S2000 will be easier to live with. Hell it has a boot!