Dunlops!!

LupoGirlRacer

Whats the most mileage people have had out of these? (205/45/15)

im just ova 31.5k and have still got 3.2mm tread left! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by LupoGirlRacer

That's some achievement! Just make sure the condition of the tyres in general is still good, make sure there are no cracks in the sidewalls etc as over years they tend to perish as they constantly heat up and cool down with the British weather - you don't want a blow out. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yeah i've done just that biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> went 2 a tyre place and asked them 2 take a look, as thought i would've needed new one's by now! and they said they're all fine, and they were quite shocked as well wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I did 18k on the fronts on a set of SP8000

2 laps of the Ring in 35 degrees C

40 or 50 runs up the Pod

countless roundabouts

the left one was battered but the right one hardly noticed (torque steered to the left like a waltzer)

the rears have hardly noticed 24k (got 195 on the front now used half of them in 3k)

Edited by twisty b-road

what the hell am i doing then? i only got 7k miles from a set, that includes swap rear for fronts, and im no chav, no wheelspins if i can help it etc...

Whats the most mileage people have had out of these? (205/45/15)

im just ova 31.5k and have still got 3.2mm tread left! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wow how have you managed that?

My three year old 30,000 miles arosa is needing its third front set now and replacement rears soon.

what the hell am i doing then? i only got 7k miles from a set, that includes swap rear for fronts, and im no chav, no wheelspins if i can help it etc...

Thought of having your tracking checked?

30k+ on the lethal dunlops? my fronts were worn to slicks by 20K....I didnt rotate them & could have had more life out the rears but just put them on the front for some sideways fun until I had a set of Toyo's fitted. The car is more capable than ever, wish Id changed them much sooner.

I had a set of Toyo's fitted. The car is more capable than ever, wish Id changed them much sooner.

Amen to that. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I wore a set of front Dunlops out in about 5K miles!! I'm not that mad a driver, but I think my tracking was way out (amazing how it eats the tyres). The Toyo's are lasting much longer (as well as being infinitely better).

Wow how have you managed that?

My three year old 30,000 miles arosa is needing its third front set now and replacement rears soon.

Thought of having your tracking checked?

yeah tracking and balencing was done in december, steering feels fine too so thinks its ok, just understeers too much tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

just understeers too much tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

you have never driven my car then , the min there is a slight bit of dampness on the roads mine slips and slides all over the joint , going round roundabouts it scarry

i changed my fronts to back today after nearly losing it on a roundabout when the road was damp.

i now have 6mm on the front and 4mm on the back after about 11,000 miles. i will probably change them before they go really thin cos i am tired of losing grip in unusual circumstances.

you have never driven my car then , the min there is a slight bit of dampness on the roads mine slips and slides all over the joint , going round roundabouts it scarry

Yeah mine is similar, as the front tyre are getting down now, i think there's about 3 mm left and about 2 on the edges swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" /> . I find if you put more air in the tyres than recommended it helps the understeer, I have got around 33PSi in the fronts and 32PSI in the rear and it was amasing what a difference it made from 28PSI in the fronts.

Edited by cardaft