4 point harnesses.

Seen these 4 point harness for sale.

They have seat belt type fasteners.

Cheap at £30.

I want them, but I always buy rubbish when I see it up for grabs.

anyone got any reasons within the next 30 mins why I shouldn't buy them?

seats2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Bought them.

£30 including the postage you cant go wrong.

Shame there not red, but as anyone whos met me will tell you, I dont exactly have much style wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cheers for the reply Paddy! lol

i like them now you just need the seat off mitch laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

All I'll say is, would you trust your life to 30 quid harnesses?

Ive seen two other sets for sale, on the Mitzi forum.

One set at £80 and the other at £100.

Of course, they could turn out to be *****.

More pics here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vix...cs/25e0cdd5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/vix.../Picture012.jpg

Paddy, pics?

the only thing i would have said no is the rally art logos which is Jap crap, like nismo stickers on a ford you just dont do it

I agree.

Plan is to remove the stiching.

Dont do that!!! stop quick! get a set of harness pads to put over them, under no circumstances take them off. the stitching is through the harness webbing and to remove them leaves a void that the webbing fills,this cause a minor and non visible faluire line in each belt.That is until you need the strength and then they stretch and snap.

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

Ah.. ****** it.

Not using harness pads, cant deside why those things were invented.

Never seen a race car with pads!

we use them on all the race cars,i even have them in my lupo!, the belts feel fine on your shoulders without pads until you start to corner and brake hard,then they dig into your shoulders,trust me! if not see how long you can last without pads,i'll give you a week or 2 at the most before you start to think ouch my shoulders hurt!

Im from Yorkshire, so Im hard.

Also Im tight.

i'm from yorkshire originally and i consider myself fairly tough but they hurt like hell, my shoulders got to the point of red blood patches on them, put some on to help spread the load. you can also hide the fact they aren't the colour you wanted!

I had buckets and harnesses in my cinq and was all perfectly legal and insurance charged no extra for them oddly

Tigz think you should of waited personally as they ait gonna match your car and agree with daz youll soon be using harness pads after a while of driving the car especaily if you drive in a 'spirited way'

wayne

It seems odd that you guys use harness pads.

Ive had my harnesses and seats (both Sparco) in for a couple of years and never had a problem, maybe us Southerners are made of stronger stuff after all!

It seems odd that you guys use harness pads.

Ive had my harnesses and seats (both Sparco) in for a couple of years and never had a problem, maybe us Southerners are made of stronger stuff after all!

I had an XR2 with Cobra buckets and 5 point harness and that never had a problem, other than not being able to reach the stereo without unbuckling!

So yes us Sourtherners are hard as nails (although I'm sure most Londoners would class a Luton lad as a Northerner!)