Breakdown Cover

TANNER

Has anyone got breakdown cover ??

I used to be covered under VW roadside with my maintenance plan but as that is up Im thinking of investing in some more cover.

Dont fancy running home from somewhere far away with the tyre weld!

Anyone have a good plan here??

Cheers

Jon

I'm with someone who I got a discount with through my insurance, I think its Green Flag, got all the blurb somewhere. Has full Euro cover which was important for me, not so important for others I suppose.

Be careful, because I remember someone saying that some recoverers (is that a word?) don't come out for punctures or some other such nonsense, important when you have no spare.

I get Green flag cover free with a account I set up with Barcleys bank.

Doesn't cost a penny, and I dont even use the account wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Only issue with it is it doesn't have home cover but who cares, its free.

I get Green flag cover free with a account I set up with Barcleys bank.

Doesn't cost a penny, and I dont even use the account wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Only issue with it is it doesn't have home cover but who cares, its free.

same as kid anna used it last week when the coil pack gave in. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks Gentlemen.

The missus has the Green flag thing through her barclays account.

Perhaps I should open an account and keep it as a mods fund! If its anything like my normal account it will get dipped into for drinking binges at weekends and would just about cover some Bonnet L.E.D'S!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cheers

Used to use Green Flag with previous car but covered so little miles a year I removed it from the insurance policy. Might be an idea to put it back on though.

How much is it nowadays? Used to be about £35 extra a year - still the same?

£70, AA Roadside and Relay...

either fix my car by the road side, or take my car where ever I want, and take me where ever I want - could send my car to lands end, and me to john o groats smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

£70, AA Roadside and Relay...

either fix my car by the road side, or take my car where ever I want, and take me where ever I want - could send my car to lands end, and me to john o groats smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good call I like the sound of that 2.

Im sure my nan would love to buy something like that for xmas if I dont get a Barclays account!

£75 VW assistance, covered anywhere I like to be - just have to notify them if I'm off to the continent.

However - the bum deal of it is when it breaks down I have to have it towed to my nearest VW dealer. However as it won't be going to mine anymore I'll have to find something else!

Manchetts resuse and recovery, there trucks are yellow and green, they are based in burwell in cambridgeshire and have another depot in bury St edmunds biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

mmm., interesting - i have just renewed my breakdown stuff with vw - i think for 69 squid with euro, home and uk cover - i thought this was a bargain - didn't know they sub contract andi? - ive used them 3 times now and it's always been a vw bloke come to my rescue! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

only had one call out from the AA, and gotta rate them as top quality!

coil went on my vento, he took me the motor factors to get a new one, let me borrow his spare, followed me back to my house and fitted the new coil for me with my proper tools (heavily rusty bolts needed a good WD40-ing!)

all on a sunday! well impressed!