Hello biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> just wondering if this was a big service or not?

and whats done? Or wat people have had done?

any1 know? blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

thats what my last service was, even though my car has only done 22000 and odd! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

- i think it was around £75 but dont quote me on that though! cos i had to get a few other bits and bobs and my memory is crap! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

only 2 and a half years old smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> so havent got the big 1 yet luckily biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

thanks biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Mines hit 30k too now

i did the oil and filter change myself a couple months back..car now out of warranty cus its 3 years old

Gona take it to the local garage to have the cambelt and tensioner replaced in january before it decides to go and another oil change too.

T

Edited by GTi T

• 2 weeks later...

ive just phoned VW and they want about £700 to do the 40k service on mt GTI and change the cam belt

what is exactly involved in the 40k service as a friend of mine is chief mechanic at the local audi and he said he would do the service for me for allot less

ive just phoned VW and they want about £700 to do the 40k service on mt GTI and change the cam belt

what is exactly involved in the 40k service as a friend of mine is chief mechanic at the local audi and he said he would do the service for me for allot less

Sounds a bit OTT to me confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

oil, air, pollen filters

spark plugs

oil

screenwash

should be around the £450 mark i think

cambelt parts alone for a gti come to around £130 retail

Just phoned the stealers.

Service - £205 incl VAT

Cambelt + Water Pump - £345 fitted incl VAT

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Thank God I threw the warrenty away!

right im worried, my car is almost 6 years old now but only done 23k miles, will it need anything serious soon huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> also i know you can do most of the servicing stuff youself (if you are out of warranty) for a fraction of the price....

£390 for a cambelt change!!!!!!!! Stweth. Thats even dearer than on my volvo. Anyway, there are no set service schedules for the Lupo, or any other VW. Its a check and replace when necassary type affair. So i have been told.

Does the water pump HAVE to be replaced with the cam belt?

there are no set service schedules for the Lupo, or any other VW. Its a check and replace when necassary type affair. So i have been told.

Thank you!

No one is listening to word I say on the subject!

Its recomended to change the water pump, but at 30k miles I dont think it is nessesery.

At 60k, then yes, its got to be worth the price of the new pump.

Welcome!