G60 brake carriers and disks

Poobah

Morning Hombre's ninja.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ninja:" border="0" alt="ninja.gif" />

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if G60 carriers and disks will fit under standard Gti wheels and also will they fit under BBS RM 15" split rims? Need to make sure these will work with my Summer and Winter wheels.

Cheers

Chris

agree with marc that as offset of the bbs is 33 and the gti is 43 the alloys should clear the carriers - however, as with all these things there's only one way to find out mate! just because the et's are different does not necessarily mean the design of the back / inside of the wheel will allow clearance.

i'm guessing mitch will be able to give you a clearer answer mate!

they should ,,i just fitted my 15" bbs back on to my polo gti with the same brake upgrade and there is room

aye mate - but do you mean standard polo gti bbs's? if so they are also et 43 (i think) and therefore you will have the clearance - i'd be interested to know if they will go though!

yes there have been powder coated anthracite, here is another picture of the car

DSCF0021.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

here is another picture of my winter wheel on( G60 steelies et 35 )and i have no problems

167756d6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by kenny15

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys right iv had a read threw some of the g60/280 posts just to double check. Am i right in saying all i need is the carriers, disks, and pad? This it for my 16v lupo sport

Absolutely correct. You can use existing calipers, just need 280mm G60 disks, carriers and relevant pads too.

disc2small1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Here's a photo of mine just for a comparison.

Mark wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

ahhh , that adds up to another car that i can try and nick hubs off of biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , is the sport a 38mm offset as well ??? if so it would make the conversion even easier

ahhh , that adds up to another car that i can try and nick hubs off of biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , is the sport a 38mm offset as well ??? if so it would make the conversion even easier
why do you want 38mm offset? the standard alloys are 43mm offset?

The Gti is 42mm offset. I though the non-Gti models were 38mm offset?