Northampton RR day discussion and pics thread!

Grapo

what a fantastic day! rollers seemed pretty accurate too. lovely to meet lots of new people and to meet up with the usual crew smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Think GurlRacer got 100.7bhp?

i did indeedy im a very proud mum! pretty good for a 1.0L *winkwink* oh yea that was my old car! my secret is out...hope everyone liked him!

Thankyou to Hakeem for organising the day and thankyou to Jen for sorting the convoy biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
thanks to jen for sorting the meet up and convoy there - top job matey! (loving the new loop!)

no problem really enjoyed it! thank you so much for everyone who came to the convoy for getting there on time!

And also a big thanks to myself for supporting club lupo by driving round northampton with my show plates on smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> lol
next time we'll plan 1 - A meeting point - 2 - a getting lost point - 3 - A rescue point - 4 - a pub.

hehe al you make me laugh so much! couldnt stop laughing when you left them plates on then drove past that copper! thank you for guiding us to the pub even if it was a "little" off route! ah well its all good fun!

take care and cant wait to see everyone soon

Jen x

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a great day hated leaving with out eating glad to hear you guys found the pub in the end

thanks h it was well worth the drive down shame i did't have the cash to put the rover on the rollers biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> will get pic's up soon

Heres a bunch of pics taken by lynsey, edited and uploaded by myself

Thanks Al 6PICT1151-med.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Thanks Al 6PICT1151-med.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Hello all well i have to say it was a good day out even though my loop let me down it did not spoil my enjoyment as usual tigz had me laughing and the crowd old and new were fun if everyone is intrested we could make this a yearly end of season meet thanks once again and take care all.

Thanks to all those who organised it. Happy the suggestion of Northampton Motorsport payed off, otherwise you might have tracked down my post and cruisfied me.

Hats off to those diy-ing it in the car park. Not only did i get to see some quality little motors, but leart how to swap suspension as well.

Shame I had to get home for a firework party, and could not stay at the pub.

Nice to meet more of the club, those of you I did not see at gti festival. See you all again soon.

As for the important info. I was chuffed with 106.1bhp at fly, 79.9bhp at wheels and 96.5 lb ft max torque with only a k&n induction kit.

Watch out gti's the arosa coming! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Wow 106.1 out of a sport biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Thats rearly good! What have you done to the beast mate. Its a rearly cool looking car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> My girlfriend fell in love with it wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Not much really, compared to some of the people on here.

Engine - K&N induction kit. Inside - Mp3 head unit, 6x9's, 10'' sub and amp. Outside - debadged ass, lowered 45mm, and the fat 14'' steffans (8 wide on front and 9 wide on back).

Scorpion back box going on soon and saving for coilovers. Also going to make some smooth bumpers(eventually laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ).

Just a K&N biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Thats cool. Mine was the second most powerfull sport there with just a K&N aswell and people slag K&N filters off wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just a K&N biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Thats cool. Mine was the second most powerfull sport there with just a K&N aswell and people slag K&N filters off wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Maybe its cos you had a big fan pointing in the engine bay!!!!

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Might be a bit less 'vented' in normal driving.....

Anyway, sounds like a good day out. Shame my Lupo is having a little break from road use... fingers crossed it will be back soon.

Disappointing figures sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I got 137.4 bhp at Stealth! hahahahahahahahaha Did anyone do Stealth AND this RR day?

To be fair we cant rearly go with the readings we got on saturday because each car should have done three or four runs to get an average reading!

The fan at the front of the motor should give the same amount or air induction as you get at road speed.

Dont get me wrong it wasnt a waste of a day but to get a true power reading each car should have done three or four runs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Seems like I'm the only one who was well chuffed with my figures.....

Was a good day out though, and nice to see some new faces. I'm waitng impatiently now for John to come back and tell me the tracking is all sorted and we can go and fetch my baby. happy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

I was well pleased with mine aswell mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Dont know how you got home with that camber tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> How are the Gti shocks?

I'm waitng impatiently now for John to come back and tell me the tracking is all sorted and we can go and fetch my baby. happy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

Are they doing the camber as well?

Seems like I'm the only one who was well chuffed with my figures.....

Was a good day out though, and nice to see some new faces. I'm waitng impatiently now for John to come back and tell me the tracking is all sorted and we can go and fetch my baby. happy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

I was well chuffed with my 102.7 bhp sport with no mods biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hope your car gets better soon biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm more than happy with 91bhp... I can now put 100shot of nos on and call it a gt-tdi wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />...

just kidding.

*sigh* they took him in and sorted the tracking. Said the camber was fine though.

But he's still not a happy car - one of my brake disks is warped and rubbing (did it get knocked at any point?) and he's developed a lovely knocking noise when I slow down sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> At least I could drive him home, but he's going back in to the garage tomorrow.

It's all worth it, it's all worth it......

i'd probably sit at 100bhp at stealth smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

theirs been loads of mentions about stealth over reading, i'm sure tigz has mentioned it a few times also.

wen i went to stealth i got 115bhp and on saturday i got 105bhp so dunno wots going on there

Yeah, & Stealth had standard GTI's at over 140bhp, whereas the GTI's were all around 120-123bhp-ish... which is around the correct standard figure.

Who do ya trust?

Or is it the feel good factor, bigger numbers = better car, even if they're bullshit?

Edit: Sorry, wasnt picking on Pauls post there - I quoted it because his 105 bhp seems like a good, realistic indication, & he'd been to both RR's.

Edited by zippy