Redline magazine needs your help!

Stavros@Redline

Afternoon all.

Just writing a wheel fitting guide for Lupo's and Arosa's for a future issue of Redline magazine and wanted a couple of quick favours...

Firstly, pictures...

We are a little short of pics from my search of previous issues, and wondered if anyone had any high res pics of their cars we could use?

Specific pics we need are from 13s right up to 17s+

If anyone can help, please email the pics to- Stavros@Futurenet.co.uk

Secondly, is there a wheel fitment guide on this site?

As ever we get our info from our combined knowlege (sometimes that isnt much tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) and from various friendly tuners, but id prefer to make sure the info is 1001% correct (nothing worse than incorrect tech info!), so some info from the owners on fitting the various widths and diameters of wheels to Lupos and Arosas would be great.

I will be covering tyre sizes, offsets, and arch differences between various models too, so will be quite a complex one! (Its dead easy for most cars as they stick to skinny wheels and go bigger n bigger, but thankfully yall go for wider wheels, makes the job of writing it harder, but makes the cars look FAR cooler...)

Obviously for all your help il make sure the website gets a mention in the Contact/Thanks box in the feature too.

Cheers.

Stav

Edited by Stavros@Redline

Are you wanting pics of cars with standard rims or just cars with different rims?

Nicki, you've shown your face which is an open invitation for pictures of you now! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i'll post some pics of the Scots mob with different wheel sizes etc and then PM me or email me what ones you want and i can send you a bigger version mate wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

this car was Lees but now belongs to KennyGTi on the forum

its a lupo GTI with 16's on it and not lowered , with graphics and tints and hes from Glasgow

dslahfldasjh1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

This one is Johns ( just sold it) , its sitting on 17" Voodoos lowered i think about 35/40mm with all round tints and hes from Glenrothes in Fife

fgsdfgdsg.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

since then John sold the 17's and is now sitting -120mm alround with 14's ( and front tints removed due to the Fuzz stopping him )

DSCN5314.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

heres mines , Seat Arosa sitting -45mm all round on 14's , outside mods , full colour coding , spoiler , delocked , lowered , front fogs , debadged and soon with a full brake upgrade

DSCN5264resized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

and then heres a random pic that we find funny that almost got us banned from Tesco DSCN5357.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

edit - forgot Mattie

heres matts Seat Arosa with 16's lowered 45mm and hes from Fintry

9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

Wish I took a pic of the steffans on this weekend when I cleaned it (funk-star old wheels).

They are 14'' front, 8 wide and rear 9 wide - et20

I will try and take a pic when its not dark, but its a bit hard at the moment!

old wheels

P1003362.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

15'' by 6.5 et 38 on a 45mm drop

Edited by Gavs_arosa16v

I can get some pics done of 13" standard steelies if you *really* need them - but my car isn't anything to shout about at the moment, so you'll probably want something a bit better blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

here's a piccie of my GTI on 17" x 7" TSW KYALAMIS - ET40, PCD 4 x 100, 205/40/17 falkens on it, KW variant 1 coilovers lowered about 60mm (i think) not overly sure as didn't mention it. had to put either 3mm spacers on to clear standard gti carriers, but i decided on G60 280mm brake upgrade with G60 carriers and now don't need the spacers. Also had R-Tec trim the front arches - they won't roll then as they are alloy and they reckoned they would deform as the standard arch liner provides quite a bit of structural rigidity to the wing - their words. think some of the other guys may have a better piccie than mine!!

LoopyLupo036.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

also my first GTI (not a great pic i'm afraid) with OZ 16" x 7" superlegerras - ET37, PCD 4 x 100, 195/45/16 Yokohama rubber.

img5.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

let us know when this is published will ya mate? also if you are interested i have done a how to (with piccies in the 'how to forum') of the G60 brake upgrade.

cheers, alex biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Here's my GTI lowered on OZ SuperT GT's 16in with a 38mm offset and 195/45 tyres.

loweredloop.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Its not a very good pic but if you want a beter one give me a shout

Edited by Tigz
  • Like 1

195/40 16's Sitting 70mm lowered on coilovers Offset ET42 perfect on front doesnt catch arch, but needs ET38 ideally on the back

6PICT0060.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

195/45 16's Sitting 35mm lowered on Eibach Springs

6lupoclean.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

185/55 14's Sitting 35mm lowered on Eibach Springs

6luplow3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Cheers for all your help so far pics are great and keep em coming.

Hardest bit for me is getting the wheel guide writeup right now!

Basicly will be doing how to fit 13/14/15/16/17+ inch wheels of all widths from 7in like most hot hatches right upto 9in+ wide monsters, whatevers possible really, and what arch mods are needed to do so and still lower it (and by how much).

Gets mega-complicated due to GTIs having different arches too!

If anyone can give any help/advice here it would be fantastic also.

(no doubt once im properly stuck il aks specifics!)

Cheers for everything so far

Steve

on 195/45 16" Tyres, lowered 35mm mine didnt scrub, No arch mods at all.

on 195/40 16" Tyres, i'm had arch liner problems, a quick attack with a stanley knife has sorted that out, but due to the car being pretty low, its now got problems of the drive shaft knocking on the chasis, so bigger bump stops are required.