Loop is going!

starbank

After much enjoyment driving and owning the wee black beast, I have decided to move on and purchase a bigger black beast!

I'm negotiating a deal with Seat for a brand spanking new Leon 2.0l FSI Reference Sport in Black Magic Metallic.

Test drove the equivalent Golf GT in both 2.0 TDi and 2.0 FSI modes yesterday and neither could live up to the looks, driving enjoyment, low seating position/sports seats or more importantly price as the new Leon.

150BHP FSI engine has plenty of go and I still can't justify spending more money on a TDi - can't get used to the initial sedateness and noise of the diesel - petrolhead I am and always will be!

Price for the new beast - circa £14,900 because I want a sunroof and the metallic black paint - minor niggle is the potential 10-12 week delivery. The ex demo Golf GT's I test drove yesterday were 9,000 milers and were £15,999 - work that one out?

If you haven't seen the new Leon in the flesh (only officially launched last Saturday!) then you are missing a treat - I think it's gorgeous.

Will keep you informed of progress and post pics as and when.

detuned version of the gti engine so it's good for at least 200bhp, probably more like 220 or 240 by the time it makes it to the cupra version. Don't need a car that big but would take a 240bhp one out for a spin just to see what it was like.

Sad to see the Lupo go, however it will be good to hear what you think of the Leon. I did a complete turn around on them, thought they looked rubbish in pictures but in the metal is a different car, looks great in black particularly.

I will miss the Lupo a lot and preferably I would like to keep it AND get the Leon - but financially no can do.

I was at the dealer last night to talk money and there were a few surprises. The current part ex value of the Loop is £5,500.00 (45K miles, 02 plate) - I was expecting a little more I must say but they showed me the numbers and in fact they were being generous - £5,500 is based on approx 30K mile vehicle).

Unfortunatley, and despite my efforts nothing available off the Leon - bloomin cheap anyway - however, as there is a 12 week delivery they have agreed to keep the Loop's part ex cost at £5,500 until I pick the car up in December - by then I will have reduced the Loop's settlement figure by further £800 - which in turn effectively reduces the overall cost of the Leon. Catch my drift?

So on the road price for a new Leon 2.0l FSI Reference Sport in Metallic Back Magic and with an electric sunroof is around £14,055 - not a bad price me thinks.

I asked about the Cupra while I was there - not officially launched until June 2007! They will be bringing out the FR version late 2006.

To be honest, the 150BHP 2.0l FSI has plenty of punch and for me financially makes more sense.

Not placed the order yet - the wife wants a drive first so fingers crossed (gulp).

No pics just yet - placing the order this afternoon!

Will be approx 12 week to delivery, but the pics below are of an identical car - minus sunroof!

I drove an Altea on holiday for a week and was seriously impressed - in fact that along with the Leons sporty stance/interior and pert bottom persuaded me to do the deal. I think compared to any other car in it's class the Leon is the best looker by a mile.

The new motor is near identical to the pics below......

039.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

027.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

023.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

045_001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />