F**K*** CRAP!

Alfie

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

alfie, whens ur GTI up for sale? or do i mean when ur incurance due for renewal? as im sure they be around same date, ur get at least 9 pionts mate so insureing a 1.0 c*rsa gona be a bitch let alone a GTI

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My insurance is up around june time and if i wait till spetember ill have 3 point taken off my licence... AND

40 mph faster than a 60-70 mph speed limit, the guidelines suggest that the magistrates endorse with 6 penalty points or consider disqualification for between 14 and 56 days.

so the most ill get is 6 points actually shant think itll be a massive problem unless i get banned, then thats another story.

Alfie :twsited:

got me fingers crossed for you bud - nothing like the waiting game eh? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know mate!!!

also just been reading this on pipipoo.com

Most Constabularies send them out within 14 days of the alleged offence - even if you were spoken to at the time by a police officer (see verbal NIP).  The law has been amended in 1994 to allow the police to use ordinary post and their records are sufficient to prove that the NIP was issued on time.  They also get an allowance of a couple of days for the post to deliver them.

So, if its more than 17 days since you were flashed they are too late to prosecute you, unless you were driving a company car, hire car or someone else's car.  In these circumstances they are allowed more time to track you down.  This letter from Staffordshire Constabulary will help you to understand this point.

If the police failed to meet the 14 day deadline, for issuing the initial NIP to the Registered Keeper, this link, which includes advice provided by the RAC's legal team, may help you.

The Police have six months to issue a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) because they are exempt from the 14 day rule and if you were stopped, and spoken to by a police officer, they also have six months to prosecute you because the officer will have issued you with a verbal NIP at the time.

eek!

Alfie

sick.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sick:" border="0" alt="sick.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

Yep, I was going to say 6 months. That's what I was told, and I also have direct experience of it, albeit not from speeding.

When I got points for careless driving (a loooong time ago now) I got interviewed, notified of a court appearance, and ultimately given points and a fine *five and a half months* after the incident.

There was nothing, no communication at all within those 5 and a half months to give me any warning that it was going to happen.

I was told by my legal rep that they had 6 months though - I thought I might have been in the clear, but I wasn't sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edit: (To be fair, I deserved everything I got!)

Edited by bossjohnc

tell them your speedo is out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

what you want is a car like mine, a crappy 1.25 that tops out at sumat like 102mph(but ive had 110 on clock) with a speedo that is actually out laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (only 3/4mph mind you) so you wont be going too much over the limit laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...

unlucky tho mate, you should be lucky like me, ive been stopped atleast 4/5 times for speeding ph34r.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> and only been let off with a warning wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , just remember one thing, if you ever get stopped make sure your cars legal coz over a year ago i got 3 point for crappy tyres and a £193 fine sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> , but i was really lucky coz i had 2 crappy tyres but only gave me points for the one

thats a point (or 3 lol) i need a new tyre on one corner (looking at a set of wheels now, but if they get too bad ill be using the bike)

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

yup you gotta wait 6 months, but unless you got arsey cops near your area they'd leave it till the last minute to tell you laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , it was a almost the end of the 5th month when i got a letter saying i gotta go to court etc angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> , that month i was feeling relieved aswell lol

• 4 weeks later...
tell them your speedo is out  wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />  laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not a defense and won't help you.

i think i commented on this before, but with the hand held Lazer guns, they do have to actually pull you over on the same stretch of road to prosecute for the offence.

My guess alfie, would be that you've got away with it.

i think i commented on this before, but with the hand held Lazer guns, they do have to actually pull you over on the same stretch of road to prosecute for the offence.

My guess alfie, would be that you've got away with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think thats the case yeah fingers crossed tho still, only thing im worried about is that it was a mobile gatso which videos you.. its been nearly 2 months so im fairly confident but couldnt still turn around to bite me in the ass!!!

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

• 1 year later...
i think thats the case yeah fingers crossed tho still, only thing im worried about is that it was a mobile gatso which videos you.. its been nearly 2 months so im fairly confident but couldnt still turn around to bite me in the ass!!!

just an update biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> still driving!! woop woop!

EDIT: i know its been ages as i kind of forgtt about this post but cheers for all the support i got at the time, ive been a good boy since then biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

just an update biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> still driving!! woop woop!

EDIT: i know its been ages as i kind of forgtt about this post but cheers for all the support i got at the time, ive been a good boy since then biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Back of the net shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> Have you been over a ton since?!!

Back of the net shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> Have you been over a ton since?!!

Tell me about it!

only on my bike and that was in Germany on the 'ring! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

have you still got the lupo? cos i thought you sold it a bit back?

sold it in august sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

isnt there something about the calibration of the equipment? your allowed to ask for the calibration report and i heard if its not been done recently (not sure how recent) then it could be wrong?

i duno, could be bollox for all i know!

I think you may just be safe on this one...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Me too!!