crashed loop

jj_2388

Right mate sort the problem with council out with a proper person who knows what there doing such as a solicitor unless your good at argueing yourself if you go through your insurance it means youll have to first claim on your insurance for the car which means you have an accident on your policy which aint good

wayne

yeah thats right, lets push tax up a bit higher by using thieving lawyer drop outs to make us some cash (which will be feck all anyway).... they cant magic money up, tax will pay for it!

sorry but thats the worst advice I have ever read. Use insurance, thats what its there for.  glad you are ok.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol... I wasnt suggesting going thro the courts using one of them "claims*insert word here*" people, I hate the way our countries going down the american route of sueing people, but i'm thinking if it's the councils fault for not cleaning they probably should pay for the damage using their own insurance! without bothering the courts if you get me?

am going to let insurance take it further with the council if they want, but am going to atleast try and claim my excess back from the council, because i dont se i should get landed with that if it is a spilage they have done nothing about

Sorry to here bout the smack in the motor. I did the same in my 106gti.

I was on the way to santa pod on the a14 and it had just finnished raining.

wasnt going fast <(that old chestnut) when came up to roundabout and keepin to the same speed as the rest of the traffic which were mates and then before i knew it i had tried to fit a lamppost to the rear quarter panel. 4grand worth of damage. Copper was on the scene straight away and said they always have accidents ther and its cos of feul spillage from where the trucks over fuel then turn sharply on roundabout. ther were three bumpers in the ditch when i was ther and the armco barrier was new.

the council dont seem to care unless someones life is taken an peaple start looking to them for answers.

At least you are ok mate. that is, after all, the most important fing.

yeh thats what im saying and thinking, and most other people i know, as long as im ok, the car wil get sorted out some way, even if i need to get another. but i couldnt get sorted. im now just hopin that my neck gets beter and isnt a long term injury, shouldnt be, but i cant get it out my head that it might be

My neck ached like hell for aruond two weeks after. had so many probs wiv peugeot and the dealership i got it from. i asked if my mate was ok as he was wiv me. picked up random car parts of the road and just walked away from it towards the service station just off the roundeabout.

My pride was more hurt than my neck tho.

spose youre right.

just thought i could get myself out of it. doesnt help that when i got the 106 i asked them to fit new rear tyres before i picked it up. they fitted tyres called herons. great, a heron is a bird that hates sudden contact wiv water and spend alot of time in the air. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

gosh im so sorry to hear that! im glad your ok though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> try and get driving again asap. poor little loop what a nightmare! hope you get things sorted soon

Jen x

yeah thats right, lets push tax up a bit higher by using thieving lawyer drop outs to make us some cash (which will be feck all anyway).... they cant magic money up, tax will pay for it!

sorry but thats the worst advice I have ever read. Use insurance, thats what its there for.  glad you are ok.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What TAX are you referring too? So its not ok to push up TAX but its ok to push everybodies insurance premiums up. If your reffering to road TAX it not a question of magicing up some money just think how much they get in road TAX off all drivers every year.

Ok so the counsil may pay for your excess but what about your seriously (i mean seriously) increased premiums for the next 4 years. Why should you have to pay a single penny for something that wasn't your fault?

If you go with a no win no fee lawyer they aren't "thieving lawyer drop outs" you get your money and they claim their own costs. If you loose in court you won't have the court costs to pay the lawyer company will pay.

aye but that could take ages, and the council are unlickely to admit they made the mistake and never dealt with the spilage problem. that would take months takin it throught court that way. claiming this way i wil get the car dealt with, and could get money throught court which will most likely take months, which would be months without getting anywhere on the car front

Get yourself a hire car if you need one that badly. This you will also be able to claim back. The counsil if in the wrong will not want to take this through the court. They will most likely try for an out of court settlement.

The first thing you need to do is get yourself a lawyer

Exactly as i was saying brid lupo why should you have high insurance premiums for the next few years?

I had an accident 2 years ago on scooter it started by me following my mate around a corner on scooter and my mate got round okay blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but then when i came round the back end just totally went and i flipped twice in the air then landed hard

It was due to cow muck being spread across the road as the local farmer in that area crosses his cows there (no warning sign) and i basically went up to the farmers house and said the silly bint had caused my accident which she denied and Police said i was wasting there time when i reported it and council already new about the problem but felt it was not severly hazardous huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Anyway scooter needed nearly every body panel, a new exhaust by brand new jacket was trashed (brought the day before) so were my trousers, new trainers and expensive helmet so we got their insurance details and i got my uncle involved who loves making companies pay when theres a problem, he contacted their insurance and said what had happened, they came out and assesd the vehicle was a write off and said they would get back to me

three months passed and nothing so my uncle called and basically said "i hope your processing the cheque or we will be taking you to court as it was through pure negligence on your policy holders part that caused my nephew to have an accident and your lucky he wasnt severly hurt or you could be having a big personal injury claim coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Then a letter saying "we have reviewed your claim Mr ******** and decied that our client was not at fault so we WILL NOT be paying you out", mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> which as you can imagine rilled us up so my uncle called the man in charge and after going through it all again (they had loast all our file for the second time) my uncle said right we will see you in court ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Then got a phone call a few weeks later saying they would pay me out after my uncle did a deal with them and said we wouldnt be claiming for personal injury (Skin off nee and few bruises really) so in the end they payed me out £1300 which was pretty good in my oppiion and they admitted that it was the policy holders neglect that had caused the accident

Just gos to show stick it out (My claim took 6 months in total) and youll get a payout if i had gone through my insurance and got them to do the work my incle did it would have cost ME money in the short and long term

Wayne -sorry for long reply but it needed mentioning as it was similar to your accident

Edited by The subtle modder

I think you have misunderstood

Where did I say you should have higher insurance premiums?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right not been bitchy tim just stating a fact so he knows the possible problems

If he claims on his insurance he first has to pay his excess which can then be claimed back yes BUT when getting insurance quotes in future he will have to state that he has claimed for a 'non fault' accident and the insurance company (if it was proven) then claimed their money back

If for whatever reason as in my case the council deny responsibility, which they can do, it would take at least a year to have the council for it in court if they want to screw you over the reason my case was proved is the amount of photos i took of the scene and kept sending to them (over 30 photos) of which some were 4 months after when they were doing it again which is why they had to admit neglegence as the problem was clearly there which i would suggest you do jj_2388 as then you have proof

If you claim on your insurance and pay the excess and then council denies responsibility and for a daft reson you cannot prove it was there fault then it will be a 'fault claim' when looking for new insurance which is why you have to think of the future when looking at this problem, insurance is more unreliable these days its not always the fact youl get payed out

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

I think you have misunderstood

Where did I say you should have higher insurance premiums?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tim i agree with you, but in this case his incurance company wernt paying out so actauly you have missunderstood.

Mines on to 13 months now and still no money, will take about 3 years im guessing till i see a penny

Edited by Bikerz

right not been bitchy tim just stating a fact so he knows the possible problems

<snip>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is exactly why you MUST tell your insurance company, and put it through insurance.

If it takes a year to claim from the council - what's he supposed to do in the meantime?

If the claim gets thrown out after a year, he won't be able to go to his insurance company and claim, as the accident happened a year ago.

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />