Pat me on the back

BridLupo

I've just officially after a year of saving bought a Lupo sport TDi and all i can say is WOW. Love it already. Picked it up from Uxbridge, London at dinner time and brought it all the way up north to Bridlington. Looking at the diesel guage it drunk about £17 - £18 of fuel for 230 - 240 miles. And i was giving it some. Average 90 on all the motorways top speed 110 but it still had some more to go. Gave the stereo a good listen too and the front speakers are surprisingly good.

Its done 26000 on a 03 plate. Full VW service history. Very clean. Alloys. Anthresite Grey Pearl in colour. Glad i managed to find one as i had sold my car and i start back at uni in 3 weeks.

Cheers for peoples advice on engines and i think i've made the right choice.

BTW do the brakes tend to squeek a little when they get hot. Just noticed it???

I've just officially after a year of saving bought a Lupo sport TDi and all i can say is WOW.  Love it already.  Picked it up from Uxbridge, London at dinner time and brought it all the way up north to Bridlington.  Looking at the diesel guage it drunk about £17 - £18  of fuel for 230 - 240 miles.  And i was giving it some.  Average 90 on all the motorways top speed 110 but it still had some more to go.  Gave the stereo a good listen too and the front speakers are surprisingly good. 

Its done 26000 on a 03 plate.  Full VW service history.  Very clean.  Alloys.  Anthresite Grey Pearl in colour.  Glad i managed to find one as i had sold my car and i start back at uni in 3 weeks.

Cheers for peoples advice on engines and i think i've made the right choice.

BTW do the brakes tend to squeek a little when they get hot.  Just noticed it???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PAT PAT there you go laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Who best to do the remap??? Has anyone on here had the remap done by the company in question and what sort of BHP and torque increases were gained.  Also how much do i have to save???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you go to bigboystoys-uk.com it tells you there. if you lupo is kickin out 75bhp with the remap it will kick out 110bhp. it £399.00 with free fiting. hope this helps

You bloody bathturd youve sold your cinq and brought your lupo in a month ive been looking solid for three months and have only sold the cinq last week after a month trying

Dont give a snotty reply eh motorworldcinq you know im only joking after to speaking to you on the fix me forum

BTW do the brakes tend to squeek a little when they get hot.  Just noticed it???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine didn't squeak but I did manage to warp the discs around Milton Keynes (70mph - stop, 70mph - stop etc etc) so look out for that. I fitted ATE power Discs after that from Euro Car Parts and they lasted a bit longer but still could fell a slight warping under light braking when I sold it.

Well done on the TDI, they're bloody great, did about 12k in mine in 3 months and average 50mpg and I drive like a fool a lot.

The subtle modder. Sorry to say i sold my car without even trying my boss jsut asked me if i's sell it to him. Secondly you really should have been reading the for sale section on here as that was where i found the car. Had to drive to london for it but its been well worth the journey already. Brakes have stopped squeeking so i think i'd jsut given them too much of a braying.

I thought the Revo remap was supposed to be good especially upping the torque

Sounds like a good car and in an excellent colour!

I'm back at uni soon too and have also just bought my first GTi. I can't wait to pick him up! It makes all the saving up worth while doesn't it?

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sounds like a good car and in an excellent colour!

I'm back at uni soon too and have also just bought my first GTi. I can't wait to pick him up! It makes all the saving up worth while doesn't it?

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Certainly does i can't get this grin off my face. PS the subtle modder theres a TDi with air con for sale on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-51-VW-Volkswage...1QQcmdZViewItem

Well done on the TDi...I was looking for one when I got my Loop, but living on the Isle of Wight makes it hard and expensive to go and look at every car that takes your fancy! So when a petrol Sport was up for sale at a garage here I bought it before they had put the price in the window!!

Well done on the TDi...I was looking for one when I got my Loop, but living on the Isle of Wight makes it hard and expensive to go and look at every car that takes your fancy! So when a petrol Sport was up for sale at a garage here I bought it before they had put the price in the window!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Were you going to look at a TDi sport this Sunday in London

thanks for the link mate but i aint gonna pay that much for a 51 plate im fussy i know but ive spent ages looking at cars so far (two years including when i owned the cinq) and figure i may as well make sure i get everything i want such as

-got to be a mk2 arosa

-got to be 1.4 petrol (diesls are alright and quick enough but arent the same feel as a petrol)

-less than 35,000 miles (planning on keeping car for ages)

-must be within a 120 mile radius of me

not much to ask but it hasnt brought any up yet

Were you going to look at a TDi sport this Sunday in London

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I have owned a Petrol Sport for 3 Years now! Its just when I was looking for a Lupo one of my prefrances was for the TDi but Im more than happy with the one I have now!

yeah i thought revo was one of the main recomended dub tuners its usually the first name sugested

And ive decided illlower my standards to a lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> if i can find one