Welcome

BridLupo

Hi i'm new to the forum so i thought i would introduce myself. I'm also after some advice. I've just sold my Fiat Cinq Sporting and since last September I've been saving with the intention of buying a Lupo. The time has now come and i have to decide which model to buy. Obviously my dream would be a GTi but with a 6k budget i think it is slightly out of my financial reach. I also commute to University 5 days a week so the low MPG of the GTi would be almost inaffordable when you consider insurance aswell. This leaves me with the choice of the 1.4 100BHP petrol and the 1.4 TDi the latter being more fuel friendly. What i would really like to know is which is the better performer the Sport or the TDi ??? Also overall which car is the better and why?

welcome to the club

never drove a tdi, but before my gti i had the 100bhp sport

i can vouch for that car, its got some real go in it for a 1.4

if its economy you want then obviously the tdi is best, diesels have bags of torque and you can always have a remap done, which give good gains.

if you dont want to go down them roads, the petrol is great fun, and i loved driving it... but i couldnt resist the lure of the gti shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

prices of gti's have come down loads, 6k might get you a decent example in a cash private sale

good luck anyways

Damian smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Agreed with above.

£6k would be plenty to find you a nice example.

Theres a great one for sale in the classifieds if you can streach to £7k.

Good look with the hunt, and welcome to the forum smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

just selling my cinq at the moment to buy an arosa but there proveing to be hard to actually get hold off as alot of the cars advertised are sold when you ring up

good luck though mate if you can afford the gti though get one they look alot smarter and its like buying a pre modded sport

£6k is a squeese for me unfortunately. Am i right in thinking the TDi has 75 BHP? If so this seems quite low how can they be as fast as everybody has told me. If i had the ECU remapped what sort of power increase could i expect. Would this remapping be possible with the VW ECU or would i have to buy another or a chip?

Edited by BridLupo

hi Bird Lupo...

I have just bought a lupo sport recently from a forum and give it my thumbs up.

Its real nippy round town and will cruise comfortably at 90mph on the motorway.

Regarding fuel economy i got 200 miles from a full tank around town and thats

driving it very energetically. But im sure u can get at least 250 miles from a full

tank which by the only cost £20 to fill up.

The sports also look nicer too especially in black.

For your budget im sure you will find a nearly new one with very low millage and

immaculate condition.

Hope this helps u decide

Sabs