Why won't my car sell?

freakyeke

Could it possibly be the mention of the replacement engine?

Mine has just had one and i have got it listed in the service history so i hope that it is not that, which is putting ppl off!!

if it aint selling either try and get the bad bits sorted, probably take the wheels off aswell, as it could be putting some people off

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

Wheels are a funny thing.

They may look good to you, but may look silly to 90% of the buyers of Arosas (old woman, and collage students unfortunatly)

Try putting the standard wheels on, see how it helps.

unfortunatly most used cars are having a tough time in selling at the moment.

Renault are offering a brand new Clio for £5k near me at the minute.

People who know nothing about cars are tempted by deals like that Im afraid sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Well as someone who's just struggled to shift a Lupo I know what you mean.

The wheels probably do count against you as they hint the car may well have had the ass ragged off it, be better off putting standard one's on, then sell wheels seperately.

Plus you're selling it for what is a lot of money to some people, and would rather pay 3k+ at a dealer where they may get a warranty and piece of mind etc.

I'd be tempted to stick it on ebay starting at 99p, stick the reserve of whatever you think it's worth and see what it ends up at, it'll cost you nearly £10 but you will get a fair indication of what the market value is and what Parkers reckon you might get.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the replies.

There does seem to be a lull in the used car market at the moment.

Probably due to everyone having no money cos of holidays  rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ur car is wked but you can get a nice car to work on to mak as you like for up to 1-2 grand. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

ur car is wked but you can get a nice car to work on to mak as you like for up to 1-2 grand. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

like i said in your for sale post i would have snapped your arm for this last week but the autotrader ad was a bit out my price range had i been on here and seen your revised price i would have had it without a doubt sods law i guess. I have a friend in bristol who is coming up to see us next week and he is dying to buy a lupo/arosa so you never know he may well have it off you keep on plugging it someone will have it off you

It might help if you gave a reason for the sale in the eBay ad. Seems like heartrendering stories like your impending move to NZ or AUS is going to part you from your 4 wheeled loved one are the norm (you know the kind of thing).

Else it looks like you just dont want it anymore for some unexplained reason

Id have it though if I could be 17 again - ahhhh if only !

Anyont noticed this is back on ebay again?

And Freakeye what actual millage has the replacement engine got on it now? as that part is very confusing confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The replacement engine has got 45,000 + 2,500 miles on it. Car total 82,500 miles.

Someone has bought it on ebay. But they've not sent a deposit as yet.

Ill admit Freakeye thats one part i hate about ebay when the car seller asks for a deposit straight away as your basically giving money to someone youve never met before which is why id go and collect the car straight away unless a stupid distance