in the boot(gti)

Jnmercury00

i was looking in my boot today because i have a weird rattle coming from the rear of my car and i am not 100% sure but i think there may be some stuff missing that should be there.(i had my car serviced recently). there is that little blue box which i think is the tyre pump but i am sure there was something strapped in with it last time i looked.

could someone either take a picture or go over what should be in the section next to the battery.

thanks

Well other than that you should have a screwdriver and a centre cap removal tool (small bit of wire).

There is a big gap with a strap for a first aid kit/warning triangle, but it's not standard equipment.

Phatnoise fits in nicely biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Here is part of my post from a topic in car maintenance.

Below is a pic of mine with all tools in place, small spanner, screwdriver thing, centre cap removal tool, locking nut tool and tyre foam. Ignore tow rope etc I put those in there!!

2005-07-12001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

oh and you should have an air compresser as well.

Hope this helps mate.

Nick. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I don't have an air compressor mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Any chance you could give me the part number for it?

And I guess there should be a towing eye too confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Edited by Stu92

There was a tyre air compressor on ebay but can't remember when it finished or if at all it has.

...and wo wo wo what the chuff is that silver box? I havn't one of those. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by r_hanley

My boot looks empty compared to that, i dont have the grey polystyrene holder, my compressor is under the battery cover with the battery and i have a big empty space next to it, i'll post a pic tomorrow when i can be bothered, oh and the battery cover has snapped clips.

Edited by Diamondblack

...and wo wo wo what the chuff is that silver box? I havn't one of those. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MP3 hard drive as such biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I don't have an air compressor mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />  mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I took mine out before i sold mine and it survived the latest incident in the boot of the vx, make me a decent offer and you can have it.

Here's my sad empty looking boot boot1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

As you can see in the below image my compressor sits in with the battery, oh and it's black not blue.

boot2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />