Central locking issue

BioTriffid

Hello just a quick one if anyone has any Ideas.

When I open the car from the driver's side only that door opens but when I unlock from the passenger door it opens the driver door and passenger door.

I've just changed both door lock mechanisms and still having this issue could it be a fuse or broken wire somewhere any help is always appreciated. 😁

Thanks 

Kieran 

I think you can actually program the thing to do that via VCDS. But never done it. @Skezza knows the central locking system inside out. 

If you turn the key to unlock it again, after you've already unlocked it, does it open both doors and boot? I've seen Golfs, Polos and Boras with that wierd feature.

My boot central locking is not connected due to a key issue too so I open that manually anyway, I was thinking if it was a relay under the dash or possibly a dodgy wire in the driver's door.

Ah, ok. Then it sounds like a classic case of the lock microswitches having gone out to lunch. Try swapping the lock mech assembly. Or better still, fit a cheap RKE system and bypass all the key thing.