1.4 tdi engine cuts out on left hand turns!

Hi,

2000 Lupo Tdi, had it many years, remapped, well looked after... in the last few months, oil and filter changed along with air filter plus last week the fuel filter, I only use super diesel, always have.

Recently, when going round a left turns a bit quick, or roundabouts, the engine cuts out for a second and then back to normal...only on left hand turns!  

Its as if the fuel stops getting into the engine...had a full diagnostic, nothing showed up, garage said its running great!??

Anyone had anything similar, or any ideas what it could be? Fuel tank??

TIA

cheers

Interesting one. Hmm. Could be anything. My first thought was fuel filter air leak (the two little O rings) but the system is pressurised by the in-tank fuel pump. So not that, if you can hear it whirring away when you first switch on.

More likely an electrical issue. Ignition switch? Power relay under fuse box? Possible loom fault near the big round plug at the side of the engine (if your version has it). Possibly loose crank sensor or plug?

Edited by mk2

My first thoughts are also electrical, maybe the weight of the engine tugging on a block connector more one way than the other?