Gti Feature on PistonHeads

davy26

On 9/13/2023 at 10:05 PM, mk2 said:

And it's an import... You have to declare that. Same as as Cat C or whatever.

I know there's been debate about that previously, and there can be differing views, but I've never seen any downside about the 'import' tag - on the contrary, my own, from Japan, benefits from having an underside that never saw salt until 2018.  I've never had any indication that my insurance premiums have been loaded, and the original spec was just as I would have wanted on a European market car, including air conditioning. And you even get the funny little red emergency flare 'missile' under the dash on the left hand side - what more could any Lupo maniac wish for!

1986357704_smlVWLUPOGTiBW55TCJ002002.thumb.jpg.95ebd95dd20bc89f4291b3ca9e1e2264.jpg

• Like 1

Did see the article myself. Unfortunately these imports are sady diluting the market in some respects, don't get wrong i get the idea of importing them. But realistically at £10k that won't find a home, i would expect it more to be around £7500. The best UK example sold for over £10k on collecting cars. Sure it was not Anthracite or a blue (i supsect that might go for more if it was in the same condition) but it makes the import seem over priced.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2005-volkswagen-lupo-gti

Edited by lupo1.0se