Wanted Interior Door Handle for 2001 Lupo GTI

Kelly65

• 10 months later...

Hallo Kelly,  My left door handle for GTI snapped las week. Did you get any spare one?  Do you recommend a place to ask for?  Thanks

Hello. Nope, I tried everywhere! No luck at all. I now shut my door by yanking the net at the bottom 😭. If you find anywhere please let me know 

I thought it's the same as a standard Lupo? I'm guessing you mean the door 'pull'? Removable by prizing off the cover using a thin spudger, then using a number 2 philips driver to remove the two screws. @Rich or am I wrong (they're different?)?

I don;t think so? The ones I've seen on eBay have 2 holes in them, they're solid/one piece. Mine has like a cover that clips over?

Yeah, they're a 2 piece assembly. The base (with 2 holes) screws to the door and the push on cover hides the screws (if it is the same as in my Lupos). Actually, same concept in most vdubs.

Got a pic of your's (the other side of the car)?

Should be easy enough to find at most breakers yards. Like £2 or something.

Just had a look at the ones on ebay. They are 3D printed replacements, someone has obviously had the same issue as you and decided to sort it themselves, so they will fit, they just won't look that great