Variable intermittent wipers

Any one done this modification/swap? I’ve a knackered stalk that switch has warn out and I’ve also a spare but for what it’s worth I’d prefer an intermittent switch as it’s one of my ‘that’s too basic’ for my use gripes. Any idea what donor vehicle uses an appropriate switch that can be swapped ? 

Apparently (I've not tried it), there's a standard Vdub plug-in relay that you can get programmable intermittent wipe from. You keep the standard wiper control stalks, and it programs by you turning it on and off, then a 'time later', on again. The delay is the 'time later'. I don't know the part number, but I think it comes as standard on some audis, seats, skodas and vdubs. Simply unplug your existing fixed time delay relay and plug in the programmable one...

So my reply is pretty much useless, having just read it back!

Any more info much appreciated... :)

(there's a how-to on rebuilding a worn out indicator/wiper stalk mech)

Edited by mk2
  • Haha 1

If I remember correctly, it was a relay from a 3B Passat, I think the part number is 3B0 955 531 which is obsolete from VW now, but supposedly available through VW Heritage parts